Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Compiling patched code; Point cloud library (PCL)(Need help with compiling patched code.)
Compiling patched code; Point cloud library (PCL) [message #916922] Wed, 19 September 2012 16:41
zoul zubazz is currently offline zoul zubazzFriend
hello everyone,

i am quiet new to the Eclipse platform and CDT. Lately I have been working with the point cloud library to extract 3D structures (pointclouds.org). The project has been built on Ubuntu 12.04 in Eclipse CDT and the binaries are working fine.

Now there is a particular application (*.cpp) in the original project which has to be patched with some extra lines of code and then run. Now to do this the original cpp program was modified. My question is to run the changed code do i have to build the whole project again from scratch, i am pretty sure there is another way of doing it because building the whole project takes close to 2 hours.

P.S the PCL project is a open source project and uses cmake to make the project files using "cmake -G"Eclipse CDT4 - Unix Makefiles" <path to CMakeLists.txt>" in the commend line. This was then imported as an existing project into Eclipse CDT and build there.

Any help would be greatly appretiated.

Thanks
ZZ
Previous Topic:Executable terminates on launch
Next Topic:Still having an issue with the console output
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:10:46 GMT 2024