Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » integrating GMF editor in a wizard
integrating GMF editor in a wizard [message #916114] Tue, 18 September 2012 14:54 Go to next message
Crush Mach is currently offline Crush MachFriend
Hi,

I have to create a new wizard plugin that integrates GMF Editor. I explain: in my wizard I'll have a button " model creation". When I click on it, it has to open GMF's editor so I can create a new model.
I am new in all this, and I really don't know how it can be done.
If there is any help I would be grateful Smile
Re: integrating GMF editor in a wizard [message #916611 is a reply to message #916114] Wed, 19 September 2012 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

you could take a look at the code that is executed by the initialize diagram context menu entry that shows up when right clicking on an EMF model for which a GMF editor has been defined.

Ralph
Re: integrating GMF editor in a wizard [message #916765 is a reply to message #916114] Wed, 19 September 2012 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joseph Carroll is currently offline Joseph CarrollFriend

For all practical purposes, this will not be possible in 3.x (at least as far as true editors go). Eclipse4 allows for this exact situation, however we are still defining "editors" and GMF has not adopted Eclipse4 yet (for obvious reasons).

In order for something like this to work, whether an editor or a view, you would have to re-implement the GMF editor/view without extending from Edit/ViewPart. In which case, you really wouldn't be working with GMF any more but pure GEF.

So to answer your question, in Eclipse 3.x no, in Eclipse 4.x yes (but not right now).

Take care,

JD
Re: integrating GMF editor in a wizard [message #917729 is a reply to message #916765] Thu, 20 September 2012 11:28 Go to previous message
Crush Mach is currently offline Crush MachFriend
Thank you Joseph,
Your answer was very helpful Smile

Now I've created my own GMF's editor, but I still have the same problem. I can't really understand the generated code and I still don't know which class to use , so I can call it to lanch the editor with my button.
Previous Topic:mindmap .ecore problem
Next Topic:Diagram partitioning
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:19:07 GMT 2024