Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Exception Handling of scripted data source for preview
Exception Handling of scripted data source for preview [message #915429] Mon, 17 September 2012 08:50 Go to next message
Mark Mescher is currently offline Mark MescherFriend
Dear all,
I'm using scripted data sources (JAVA) successfully for quite a while now.

Now I would like to present error messages in the preview of the designer (only in the designer, in my application I do not have this problem).
For example, passwords are transmitted as parameter to my datasource. If the password is wrong, at the moment the user gets the whole stack trace in the preview of the designer.
I'm searching for:

- a possibility to configure the designer in a way it will only show the exception message but not the whole stack trace

or

- a possibility to return an error message

It is OK to present the message in the preview window, an alert box is not necessary (but would be nice).

Is there a way to solve this?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards

Mark

Re: Exception Handling of scripted data source for preview [message #915651 is a reply to message #915429] Mon, 17 September 2012 17:30 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Is your code surrounded with Try Catch blocks? I know when using a JavaScript scripted data source you can wrap up code in try catch blocks and then swallow the error and use a column to return an error.

Jason
Previous Topic:Birt:param tag, need help
Next Topic:How to read get data of a generated .rptDocument from Before Factory using design engine api .
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:20:49 GMT 2024