Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » How to start AUT between the test cases automaticlly(How to start AUT within the test cases but not click start AUT button manually)
How to start AUT between the test cases automaticlly [message #912703] Fri, 14 September 2012 02:56 Go to next message
Lizzy Liu is currently offline Lizzy LiuFriend
I want to start the AUT between test cases, such as the following scenario:
1. Start AUT by Click "Start AUT" button on Jubula
2. Run the test suite which contain two test cases (The case steps are: do some operation in the AUT, then close the AUT; Start the AUT, do some operation, close the AUT)
But after runing the first case, it can't continue with the second case, for the AUT has closed and can't start automaticlly.

So my question is: Is there a way to make Jubula start AUT according to the steps automaticlly during the test execution but not start AUT by clicking the "Start AUT" button manually before executing the test suite?

(Now, I know there are two ways to start the AUT, but they are all manual ways, one is by manually click the Start AUT button, and another is by the autrun command.)

Thanks.
Re: How to start AUT between the test cases automaticlly [message #912788 is a reply to message #912703] Fri, 14 September 2012 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johann Vogel is currently offline Johann VogelFriend
I never tried it, but i think the teststep Application -> Restart should do that job.
Helpful information from http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help%2Fhtml%2Freference%2Fnode13.html

Quote:

Restart (Application)

Use this action to restart the AUT during the test.
The action closes your AUT and all windows/dialogs associated with it.
It then starts the same AUT with the same configuration as it had when you originally started it and carries on with the test.
If your AUT takes a while to load/to be ready, it is a good idea to use the "wait for window" or "wait for component" action after the restart action.
\includegraphics[height=2cm]{danger} Do not use the restart action as the first Test Step in a test.

This action has no parameters.
  • Attachment: this.jpg
    (Size: 50.18KB, Downloaded 187 times)
Re: How to start AUT between the test cases automaticlly [message #937633 is a reply to message #912788] Tue, 09 October 2012 06:02 Go to previous message
Lizzy Liu is currently offline Lizzy LiuFriend
Great Thanks.

It works!

The restart function include two operations: Shutdown the AUT firstly, then Restart the same AUT. So if I want to use the restart function, I should keep the AUT alive.
Previous Topic:How to use partial data for stored variable in jubula
Next Topic:Object Mapper - manually editing the properties of a technical object
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:21:57 GMT 2024