Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EPF » How to publish Version Information in html formt
How to publish Version Information in html formt [message #911799] Wed, 12 September 2012 10:43 Go to next message
Gabriel Hu is currently offline Gabriel HuFriend
Hi Guys, Girls
Do anybody know form this forum how to publish the "Version Information" to html export? Is there something to configure? Each element in the library has this section.
I'm interested in the fields Version, Change Description, Authors.
See the attachment.
Thanks a lot.
Re: How to publish Version Information in html formt [message #911836 is a reply to message #911799] Wed, 12 September 2012 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Onno van der Straaten is currently offline Onno van der StraatenFriend
Don't think that is possible. That version information is I think intended to be used/of value when you are distributing content as plugins similar to the way that IBM is distributing the RUP/practices as plugins. This information is then of value to the process engineer that is creating a proces description using third party content. It is not so much of value to end users/practioners.

But in the RUP you can find 'What's New' pages - one for each plugin - that are used to communicate changes in plugins/content to end users. The what's new page shows what is new in the current release of the plugin and what was new in previous releases. You might consider a similar scheme.

Re: How to publish Version Information in html formt [message #915892 is a reply to message #911836] Tue, 18 September 2012 06:59 Go to previous message
Gabriel Hu is currently offline Gabriel HuFriend
Hi Onno.
Thank you for your feedback. I know about those possibilities that you mentions. They are not satisfy me requirements.
Why I need those information's for the end user?
1. End users want to know who the author/owner of that element. In order to contact him.
2. End users want to know what was modified from the previous version of that element. They are not interested on the overall changes. (My library is containing 2000 elements)
3. They need to know when was the last update was made in order to trust this info or not.

Anyone has a solution/advice for this ?
Previous Topic:Plugin search engine
Next Topic:javascript Web Tracking Analytics and EPF Published Site
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:46:30 GMT 2024