Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » There is no report design object available. exception with birt 3.7.2(org.eclipse.birt.report.exception.ViewerException: There is no report design object available.)
icon8.gif   There is no report design object available. exception with birt 3.7.2 [message #910717] Mon, 10 September 2012 09:19 Go to next message
deepak deshpande is currently offline deepak deshpandeFriend

I like...
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser Postgres Database

posted Today 11:13:53 IST private message
Hi guys,
I am using BIRT reporting tool for my project. I have followed all the instructions given in the Birt Installer Download link for downloading birt 3.7.2 runtime.
I have also updated my eclipse IDE to use the birt 3.7.2 plugins from Birt Update Site.

Then i have followed instructions to set up BIRT for Apache-tomcat-6.0.32 from the Installing Birt Viewer link.

The birt-viewer example runs properly and displays the test report.

The test.rptdesign file's version from the birt-viewer example deployed in tomcat is 3.2.6. Now, in my web application, the version of the reports that get created is 3.2.23.

When i change the version from 3.2.23 to 3.2.6 it works fine in the windows environment, but gives the following exception in ubuntu.

Note: the birt-viewer example runs in ubuntu and displays the test report perfectly.

There is no report design object available.

org.eclipse.birt.report.exception.ViewerException: There is no report design object available.
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.ViewerAttributeBean.__init(ViewerAttributeBean.java:226)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BaseAttributeBean.init(BaseAttributeBean.java:233)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.ViewerAttributeBean.<init>(ViewerAttributeBean.java:118)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BirtContext.__init(BirtContext.java:44)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BaseContext.<init>(BaseContext.java:69)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BirtContext.<init>(BirtContext.java:30)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.ViewerServlet.__getContext(ViewerServlet.java:150)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doPost(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:243)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.service(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:122)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.filter.ViewerFilter.doFilter(ViewerFilter.java:68)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

posted Today 11:13:53 IST private message
Hi guys,
I am using BIRT reporting tool for my project. I have followed all the instructions given in the Birt Installer Download for downloading birt 3.7.2 runtime.
I have also updated my eclipse IDE to use the birt 3.7.2 plugins from Birt Update Site.

Then i have followed instructions to set up BIRT for Apache-tomcat-6.0.32 from the Installing Birt Viewer link.

The birt-viewer example runs properly and displays the test report.

The test.rptdesign file's version from the birt-viewer example deployed in tomcat is 3.2.6. Now, in my web application i have created reports and followed instruction to deploy reports in a web application
However, the .rptdesign file that is created in eclipse has a version of 3.2.23. When i change the version from 3.2.23 to 3.2.6 it works fine in the windows environment but gives the following exception in ubuntu.

Note: the birt-viewer example runs in ubuntu and displays the test report perfectly.

view plaincopy to clipboardprint?

There is no report design object available.

org.eclipse.birt.report.exception.ViewerException: There is no report design object available.
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.ViewerAttributeBean.__init(ViewerAttributeBean.java:226)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BaseAttributeBean.init(BaseAttributeBean.java:233)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.ViewerAttributeBean.<init>(ViewerAttributeBean.java:118)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BirtContext.__init(BirtContext.java:44)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BaseContext.<init>(BaseContext.java:69)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BirtContext.<init>(BirtContext.java:30)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.ViewerServlet.__getContext(ViewerServlet.java:150)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doPost(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:243)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.service(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:122)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.filter.ViewerFilter.doFilter(ViewerFilter.java:68)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Please help me with a solution for this as i am trying to solve this problem from the last 2 days

Thank you.
Re: There is no report design object available. exception with birt 3.7.2 [message #910961 is a reply to message #910717] Mon, 10 September 2012 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

The error indicates that the report design is not being found. Do you have it in the same location as the test report?

Jason
Re: There is no report design object available. exception with birt 3.7.2 [message #916626 is a reply to message #910961] Wed, 19 September 2012 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Juerg Hirt is currently offline Juerg HirtFriend
I get the same error. test report is on the same location

Jurg
Re: There is no report design object available. exception with birt 3.7.2 [message #916952 is a reply to message #916626] Wed, 19 September 2012 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Jurg

Are you using the 3.7.2 all in one designer? Does the test report work in your deployed environment.

Jason
Re: There is no report design object available. exception with birt 3.7.2 [message #954815 is a reply to message #916952] Tue, 23 October 2012 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Juerg Hirt is currently offline Juerg HirtFriend
Jason
I have Eclipse for RCP and RAP Developers 1.4.2.20120213 with BIRT Framework 3.7.2.v20120213

Test Report (test.rptdesign) works.

The report works after changing version
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<report xmlns="http://www.eclipse.org/birt/2005/design" version="3.2.6" id="1">
<property name="createdBy">Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 3.7.2.v20120213 Build &lt;3.7.2.v20120214-1408></property>

Regards
Re: There is no report design object available. exception with birt 3.7.2 [message #988519 is a reply to message #910717] Fri, 30 November 2012 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shrikant Pol is currently offline Shrikant PolFriend
I am using BIRT 2.5.1 with Remedy . Its working fine
I upgraded It to Birt 4.2.1
Now I am getting error "There is no report design object available"

Could you please provide any solution for this ?
Re: There is no report design object available. exception with birt 3.7.2 [message #988781 is a reply to message #988519] Mon, 03 December 2012 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris F is currently offline Chris FFriend
Your reports were designed in 2.5.1. When you upgraded to 4.2.1 did you upgrade the reports as well? You might want to open them up in the 4.2.1 designer and make any changes that need to be, resave, and then try. There are a lot of little differences between the two, I haven't had any report built in 2.5 migrate to 4.2 without at least touching(resaving) it in the updated designer. Got the same error "There is no report design object available". Likewise if you use a report built in 4.2.1 designer / 2.5 on your webserver - you'll see the same error.

[Updated on: Mon, 03 December 2012 07:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: There is no report design object available. exception with birt 3.7.2 [message #1006493 is a reply to message #988519] Thu, 31 January 2013 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vik zik is currently offline vik zikFriend
Hi Shrikant,

I'm using the BIRT v4.2.1 with Remedy v7.6.04. Were you able to fix this issue? I see the below error message when I try to run web report on mid tier's web report console:-

[color=red]+ There is no report design object available.[/color]

I have attached .rptdesign file for your reference here.I'd appreciate if you could help me in regard.

TIA
-vik
Re: There is no report design object available. exception with birt 3.7.2 [message #1006727 is a reply to message #1006493] Fri, 01 February 2013 15:57 Go to previous message

I am not that familiar with Remedy. How are you calling BIRT?
I noticed the design had a library in it, do you have it deployed as well?

Jason
Previous Topic:Ecore Data Source with ExtendedMetaData
Next Topic:Carbon Copy
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:32:25 GMT 2024