Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Annoying error with "Open Type Hierarchy action"
Annoying error with "Open Type Hierarchy action" [message #910169] Sat, 08 September 2012 22:14 Go to next message
Olivier Leduc is currently offline Olivier LeducFriend
Hello,

I have this very annoying error box that keeps popping up when I click a variable or a method referenced used $this.

Here is the error:
An internal error occurred during: "Open Type Hierarchy action".
org.eclipse.dltk.ast.ASTNode.end()I

class myPlugin {

private $_sites;
	private $_path;

public function __construct(){
		$this->_sites = $this->initSites();
	}

private function initSites(){
		//Scan for sites in sites/ directory
		//Return site names
		return $sites;
	}
}

Thank you for your help!
Re: Annoying error with "Open Type Hierarchy action" [message #932126 is a reply to message #910169] Wed, 03 October 2012 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pavel Tucha is currently offline Pavel TuchaFriend
I have the same problem, but in my case it happen not only on $this references. Sorry, i can not find what exactly raise this error: error message opens each few minutes on completly defferent actions or even without them.

It started with moving to PDT 3.1.1 and reproduced on Eclipse Indigo 3.7.1 Build id: 20110615-0604

Is there anywhere binary build of earlier PDT version (3.1.0 or 3.0.x)?

[Updated on: Wed, 03 October 2012 21:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Annoying error with "Open Type Hierarchy action" [message #932477 is a reply to message #932126] Thu, 04 October 2012 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
>It started with moving to PDT 3.1.1 and reproduced on Eclipse Indigo 3.7.1 Build id: 20110615-0604

PDT 3.1.1 requires DLTK 4.0, and there is no such version of DLTK in Indigo repository.
When you installed PDT 3.1.1 on Indigo, DLTK 3.0 in Indigo repository is applied because of mal-dependencies in PDT. It doesn't work.

You can choose several ways to fix the problem.
1) Upgrade to the latest stable Juno 3.8.1.
2) Downgrade to the latest bug-ful Juno 4.2.1 having too much problems.
3) Install DLTK 4.0 into your Indigo installation.
4) Drop PDT.

If you are going to install DLTK 4.0 into your Indigo,
Go to Help>Install New Software
Add "http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno"
Check "Dynamic Languages Toolkit - Core Frameworks" (under General Purpose Tools category)
Go ahead.

Note that this updates "EMF - Eclipse Modeling Framework Core Runtime"(from 2.7 to 2.8 ) also. I don't know whether this will cause other problems or not against other than PDT.
Re: Annoying error with "Open Type Hierarchy action" [message #995940 is a reply to message #932477] Mon, 31 December 2012 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olivier Cardoso is currently offline Olivier CardosoFriend
Thank you for this post, it solved my problem.

Toshihiro Izumi wrote on Thu, 04 October 2012 02:15
>It started with moving to PDT 3.1.1 and reproduced on Eclipse Indigo 3.7.1 Build id: 20110615-0604

PDT 3.1.1 requires DLTK 4.0, and there is no such version of DLTK in Indigo repository.
When you installed PDT 3.1.1 on Indigo, DLTK 3.0 in Indigo repository is applied because of mal-dependencies in PDT. It doesn't work.

You can choose several ways to fix the problem.
1) Upgrade to the latest stable Juno 3.8.1.
2) Downgrade to the latest bug-ful Juno 4.2.1 having too much problems.
3) Install DLTK 4.0 into your Indigo installation.
4) Drop PDT.

If you are going to install DLTK 4.0 into your Indigo,
Go to Help>Install New Software
Add "http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno"
Check "Dynamic Languages Toolkit - Core Frameworks" (under General Purpose Tools category)
Go ahead.

Note that this updates "EMF - Eclipse Modeling Framework Core Runtime"(from 2.7 to 2.8 ) also. I don't know whether this will cause other problems or not against other than PDT.

Re: Annoying error with "Open Type Hierarchy action" [message #1005763 is a reply to message #995940] Mon, 28 January 2013 16:16 Go to previous message
Amenel Voglozin is currently offline Amenel VoglozinFriend
@Toshihiro Izumi: Thanks a ton! Your solution worked fine for me.

[EDIT] Actually, it worked until I moved on to a C++ project. And it seems like the solution (I applied item #3) does damage CDT somehow: although the build ends fine, scores of errors appear in the Problems view with their corresponding error markers in the editor view, which is immensely annoying. I'll go back to a zipped Indigo installation I had put aside for cases like this. My many thanks still stand.

[Updated on: Mon, 28 January 2013 21:41]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Code completion
Next Topic:PHP include logic makes it impossible to track down files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:51:02 GMT 2024