Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » simple plugin to open source or test files(first time writing a PDT plugin)
simple plugin to open source or test files [message #908969] Thu, 06 September 2012 10:14 Go to next message
vikas yadav is currently offline vikas yadavFriend
Hi,

I wish to make my first plugin with a simple function to help open the source file from the test file's editor and visa-versa. This is exactly same as phpunit integration in netbeans which gives such editor right click menu options.

I learned to extend I need to find extension points within PDT. But I can't find a document or list of such points which I could use in my plugin. Please point me to some tutorials/docs about extending PDT.

Thanks,
Vikas
Re: simple plugin to open source or test files [message #911127 is a reply to message #908969] Tue, 11 September 2012 03:14 Go to previous message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
You can see all extensions and their descriptions in the Plug-in Editor.
I don't know what you exactly want, but adding menu item to right-click-menu(context menu) is a feature of platform, you can learn it thru 'Extension Wizards' - '"Hello, World" command contribution'. (though there are a lot of todos)

(BTW, the document about extending pdt is, AFAIK, Extending PDT 2.2 - Eclipsepedia only. This is not up to date but may be applicable to the current version.)
Previous Topic:List of extension points & usage
Next Topic:Unable to switch back to default Eclipse editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 13:39:01 GMT 2024