Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Weird Simply in front of project name,I can not use some egit funtion s
Weird Simply in front of project name,I can not use some egit funtion s [message #908395] Wed, 05 September 2012 10:01 Go to next message
tian xiaoliang is currently offline tian xiaoliangFriend
Please check this pic.

Some projects I import from git has simple ">" in front of project name.
I can use every function of egit in this poject

Some projects has simple "*" in front of project name.

I can not use most of function of egit in this poject.such as show history,pull,push.

Please help me,thanks
  • Attachment: egit.png
    (Size: 218.91KB, Downloaded 327 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 05 September 2012 10:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Weird Simply in front of project name,I can not use some egit funtion s [message #908496 is a reply to message #908395] Wed, 05 September 2012 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan Lay is currently offline Stefan LayFriend
Which version of eclipse and of egit are you using?

Do you see any entries in the Error log View?
Re: Weird Simply in front of project name,I can not use some egit funtion s [message #908819 is a reply to message #908496] Thu, 06 September 2012 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tian xiaoliang is currently offline tian xiaoliangFriend
version is eclipse juno Version: 4.2.0
When I use "pull"
the error is

/plugins/com.aptana.git.core_3.0.0.1342049701/os/linux/ssh-askpass.tcl: 3: exec: wish: not found
Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password).
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

When I use "show in history" the content of window is empty

When I use "push",the error is
/plugins/com.aptana.git.core_3.0.0.1342049701/os/linux/ssh-askpass.tcl: 3: exec: wish: not found
Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password).
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

those projects are in the same server,I don't think is the account or network problem.cause I can use git cmd to do those actions

Re: Weird Simply in front of project name,I can not use some egit funtion s [message #908878 is a reply to message #908819] Thu, 06 September 2012 06:56 Go to previous message
Stefan Lay is currently offline Stefan LayFriend
com.aptana.git.core is not part of EGit. You seem to have installed another git plugin coming from aptana studio. You can see in the screenshot that the projects with the strange decorator also have a different text decorator, it only shows the branch but not the repository name. So I think the projects with ">" are shared with EGit, but the two erroneous one with "*" with the other Team Provider.

Why do you have both EGit and aptgana.git? You can of course use both. You should in this case check your ssh settings for the aptana plugin or ask at the aptana forum: https://wiki.appcelerator.org/display/tis/Home?p=22981
Previous Topic:EGit Annotations Across All Branches
Next Topic:EGit and repositories with large files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:03:40 GMT 2024