Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Guidance on M2M transformation
icon5.gif  Guidance on M2M transformation [message #907303] Mon, 03 September 2012 18:02 Go to next message
Cristiano De Faveri is currently offline Cristiano De FaveriFriend
Hi All,

I need some guidance to perform M2M transformation using Xtext. Given my meta-model (Ecore), I'd like to perform some M2M transformation, creating additional classes, adding new nodes and remove some of them to finally perform the M2T process in order to generate my code.

I'm working on mwe2 workflow to insert a step to perform this transformation using Xtend (One or more files).

Am I in the right direction ? It's not clear for me what kind of attribute I should create in the workflow. Is that a component or fragment ? If someone could send some more detailed documentation about it (since xText documentation is not clear for me about this issue) or give me some guidance, I'd be grateful.

Thank you in advance
Cristiano
Re: Guidance on M2M transformation [message #909752 is a reply to message #907303] Fri, 07 September 2012 17:51 Go to previous message
Cristiano De Faveri is currently offline Cristiano De FaveriFriend
Hi again, I'll try to narrow down my question :

What I'm trying to do is an on-the-fly model transformation. As long my text language (L1) changes, I'll change the model to create another output language (L2) and finally perform a M2T transformation.
Which approach should I follow to accomplish these tasks ?

a) Create a Component that gets the original model (L1), clone it, transform it (to L2) and send to Generator ?
b) Work directly on Generator, getting a cloned resource, working on it to transform the model and finally emit textual L2 ?

I'm trying the second one, but changing the resource objects has not been easy (not sure if possible).

Please, if someone could help in this doubt, I'd appreciate.

===================================
Cristiano De Faveri wrote on Mon, 03 September 2012 14:02
Hi All,

I need some guidance to perform M2M transformation using Xtext. Given my meta-model (Ecore), I'd like to perform some M2M transformation, creating additional classes, adding new nodes and remove some of them to finally perform the M2T process in order to generate my code.

I'm working on mwe2 workflow to insert a step to perform this transformation using Xtend (One or more files).

Am I in the right direction ? It's not clear for me what kind of attribute I should create in the workflow. Is that a component or fragment ? If someone could send some more detailed documentation about it (since xText documentation is not clear for me about this issue) or give me some guidance, I'd be grateful.

Thank you in advance
Cristiano
Previous Topic:match comma separated IDs between double quotes
Next Topic:ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.xtext.ecore.EcoreSupportStandaloneSetup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:28:26 GMT 2024