Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EPF » Customzing behavior of the "contributes" content variability
Customzing behavior of the "contributes" content variability [message #906733] Sun, 02 September 2012 11:20 Go to next message
Darie Moldovan is currently offline Darie MoldovanFriend
Hello dear fellows,

here's another interesting EPF problem. I created a separate plug-in, which contributes content to the original OpenUP plug-in - including some menu entries. Unfortunately, the "contributes" content variability option appends my content at the end of OpenUP content - which is sometimes okay, but sometimes not.

Please see the screenshot. The red arrows show the actual two menu entries (the first is defined by OpenUP, the second one by me, contributing to the "getting started" custom category of OpenUP). The green arrow show where I would like to see my entry in the menu. Is that possible?

By the way, the same question also applies to all kind of content, which is being contributed to another plug-in's content. Every time, content added using the "contributes" variability method is simply appended to the end, whithout giving me the possibility to choose where (in the page) I would like to see my (contributed) contents.

Thanks in advance.

[Updated on: Sun, 02 September 2012 11:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Customzing behavior of the "contributes" content variability [message #996739 is a reply to message #906733] Wed, 02 January 2013 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bruce MacIsaac is currently offline Bruce MacIsaacFriend
Unfortunately contributes can only append.
You can, however, do "extends replace" to replace any rich text field.
If using Rational Method Composer, you can define additional user-defined attributes, and place them before or after existing attributes in the published web pages.
Hope this helps!
Re: Customzing behavior of the "contributes" content variability [message #997260 is a reply to message #996739] Fri, 04 January 2013 19:09 Go to previous message
Darie Moldovan is currently offline Darie MoldovanFriend
Hello Bruce,

thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, I am not using the Rational Method Composer. As I am deducing from your statement, there are some interesting features missing in the EPF, which are present in the RMC.
Previous Topic:Join the EPF Webinar "Tailoring TOGAF with EPF" Thurs Jan 10, 11amEST
Next Topic:How to get the source code of EPF v1.5.1.5
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:43:58 GMT 2024