Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Eclipse juno and tomcat6 interface problem(eclipse showing "Cannot create a server using the selected type")
Eclipse juno and tomcat6 interface problem [message #903860] Sun, 26 August 2012 18:17 Go to next message
anshu sisodhiya is currently offline anshu sisodhiyaFriend
hello friends, i am new to this community, so plzz look over if i made any mistake while writing..

i am using redhat6 32 bit server edition and i hav installed jdk1.6 and tomacat 6 in it.
i also got tomcat congratulations page in the browser.. so i think i hav installed it correctly. but now when i am trying to configure tomcat in eclipse juno i am getting an error while adding a new server in server tab which is showing "Cannot create a server using the selected type".
i crossed check path for jdk and tomcat given during run time environment setup but they are correct.
i searched about this problem and what i found is to change some files in the .metadata folder in workspace but my workspace folder is empty. i am not getting what is the problem as i am new in this field.

any help regarding this topic is really appreciable...

waiting for response.. Sad
Re: Eclipse juno and tomcat6 interface problem [message #903986 is a reply to message #903860] Mon, 27 August 2012 13:59 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi,

You might want to try the eclipse.webtools newsgroup instead. This isn't
a jdt question but a web tooling question.

thanks,
Rich Kulp
Previous Topic:Eclipse Plugin: Accessing the Package Explorer?
Next Topic:Eclipse doesn't deploy web application automatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:43:33 GMT 2024