Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Configuring the debugger so as to step over when stepping over
Configuring the debugger so as to step over when stepping over [message #903654] Fri, 24 August 2012 17:35
Amenel Voglozin is currently offline Amenel VoglozinFriend
Hi all,

I'm having a problem that I don't understand and I'm wondering whether it is a bug or whether I'm just not experienced enough to figure out what is going on.

I'm using boost::program_options to read key and value pairs from a configuration file.

When debugging the program, I noticed that there are some instructions where Step Over (F6) just doesn't work: it acts like a Step Into (F5). Cases in point: 1- boost::program_options::notify (see active line in attached screenshot) and 2- string1 = string2.

index.php/fa/11300/0/

Each time I need to step over these instructions, the debugger looks for source code as if to display a finer grain operation but I'm actually stepping over!

Is it something that I didn't configure correctly? I was using Indigo SR2 with CDT 8.0.2 until about an hour ago. Now I've upgraded to Juno with CDT 8.1 and the behavior is still the same: there are some instructions for which Step Over acts like Step Into and it's really annoying.

Thank you for any pointers or suggestions.
Previous Topic:[SOLVED] Debugging not working while running works
Next Topic:Access to GNU-Tools
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:00:49 GMT 2024