Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Not Able to switch from one branch to another(Egit Problem in branch switching)
Not Able to switch from one branch to another [message #903171] Wed, 22 August 2012 11:34 Go to next message
Manish Arora is currently offline Manish AroraFriend
Hi Guys,

I am new to git.In the starting i was able to switch the branches without committing my changes in my current branch.

I don't know what happened but now when i try to switch branch,everytime i got the message that there are some changes to commit.first commit.

I don't want to commit everytime.

Please help.
Re: Not Able to switch from one branch to another [message #903403 is a reply to message #903171] Thu, 23 August 2012 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
If switching to another branch would need to change a file which is modified in your working tree
git (and egit) raises a checkout conflict in order to prevent that your local changes are overwritten.
If you want to keep the local changes you can either stash or commit them before switching
to the other branch. If you want to get rid of the local changes do a hard reset.
Re: Not Able to switch from one branch to another [message #903515 is a reply to message #903403] Fri, 24 August 2012 05:02 Go to previous message
Manish Arora is currently offline Manish AroraFriend
Thanks Matthias.I got it.
Previous Topic:remote git init failed?
Next Topic:Missing "Multi-Pull"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:19:35 GMT 2024