Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Unable to Run(Internal Errors in Launching & Run Configurations)
Unable to Run [message #902508] Sat, 18 August 2012 01:57 Go to next message
Jeremy Lennert is currently offline Jeremy LennertFriend
I've just downloaded Zend Eclipse PDT from Zend (following a link from the top of this page), unzipped, created a PHP project with a Hello, World script, and tried to run.

After confirming the URL to access, Eclipse reported the following error:

An internal error occurred during: "Launching newfile".
org/zend/php/zendserver/deployment/core/debugger/IDeploymentHelper

I get the same error again each time I try to run.

Also, upon going to "Run Configurations", the options screen for the auto-created configuration doesn't display; it initially shows as blank, and if I select another item and then return to it, the previous item's options are still displayed. Simultaneously, behind the "Run Configurations" window, another error window pops up saying:

Error creation extension for extension-point org.eclipse.php.server.ui.serverTabs
Plug-in "org.zend.php.zendserver.deployment.debug.ui" was unable to instantiate class "org.zend.php.zendserver.deployment.debug.ui.config.DeploymentLaunchConfigurationTab".
org/zend/php/zendserver/deployment/core/debugger/IDeploymentHelper

I've made sure my Java installation is up to date. A coworker has tried downloading Eclipse from the same source and does not appear to have this problem.

Incidentally, if I try to view the php file with a separate web browser pointed at localhost, it comes up fine and works as expected.

Any ideas what could be wrong or how to fix this?
Re: Unable to Run [message #902742 is a reply to message #902508] Mon, 20 August 2012 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jacek Pospychala is currently offline Jacek PospychalaFriend
hi Jeremy,

thanks for reporting this!

is there anything in PDT log file? You can find it in <workspaceDir>/.metadata/.log ?
Re: Unable to Run [message #902880 is a reply to message #902742] Mon, 20 August 2012 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The .log file is...verbose. 447 KB of text. And it says something about being a continuation of .bak_0.log, which is around 1 MB.

Let's see if I can attach it for you...
  • Attachment: .log
    (Size: 447.89KB, Downloaded 339 times)
Re: Unable to Run [message #903059 is a reply to message #902880] Tue, 21 August 2012 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jacek Pospychala is currently offline Jacek PospychalaFriend
Ouch, indeed your log is full of errors Smile

First of all, it seems that your workspace dir (c:\xampp\htdocs) contains some old or broken Content-Assist database. Could you remove dir:
C:\xampp\htdocs\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.dltk.core.index.sql.h2
and start PDT again?

Have you tried to unzip PDT again in different dir and start in a different workspace?

thanks

Jacek
Re: Unable to Run [message #903090 is a reply to message #903059] Tue, 21 August 2012 22:22 Go to previous message
Behavior appears unchanged after removing .metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.dltk.core.index.sql.h2
Unzipping in a new location produces the same behavior.
Starting a new workspace in a new location produces the same behavior.

However, I've discovered that starting with Eclipse Classic 4.2 (from here) and then separately installing PDT (following the directions here) seems to work fine. So I guess I'll proceed with that until something else goes wrong...
Previous Topic:Eclipse open and suddentily close
Next Topic:Viewing cookies in PDT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:46:37 GMT 2024