Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Not saving "Synchronize Git" information
Not saving "Synchronize Git" information [message #902458] Fri, 17 August 2012 17:16 Go to next message
Rob Light is currently offline Rob LightFriend
In the Synchronize View I setup to sync my project with Git but if I close Eclipse I lose this setup. See attached screen shots. Is there at way to keep my sync configuration between Eclipse restarts?

I'm using Groovy/Grails Tool Suite 3.0.0.RELEASE which contains EGit 2.0.0.201206130900-r.

Thanks in advance,
Rob
Re: Not saving "Synchronize Git" information [message #902463 is a reply to message #902458] Fri, 17 August 2012 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dariusz Luksza is currently offline Dariusz LukszaFriend

This is know bug, there is also fix for this, but it is pending in review. Should be fixed in 2.1
Re: Not saving "Synchronize Git" information [message #902505 is a reply to message #902463] Sat, 18 August 2012 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the quick response! That's really surprising that this is actually a bug AND it's over a year old. How do people use EGit then? There must be a different method to view changes in a project. Does anyone know?

Thanks,
Rob
Re: Not saving "Synchronize Git" information [message #902555 is a reply to message #902505] Sat, 18 August 2012 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
R Shapiro is currently offline R ShapiroFriend
In the most common case, where you want to see differences between the working directory and the Index and/or the Index and the HEAD, the Git Staging view is the most effective way to do it in my opinion. This is the case your example seems to illustrate. Personally I never use the Synchronize view for this, and none of my co-workers use it this way either.

You can use the Synchronize view for this purpose but it's more useful for something else: showing differences between the current HEAD and some other branch or reference. This an operation I don't need to do all that often and that's generally different for every invocation. So the known bug doesn't matter much to me, certainly not as much as several other long-standing bugs.
Re: Not saving "Synchronize Git" information [message #902703 is a reply to message #902555] Sun, 19 August 2012 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK it's the Git Staging View that I was missing. Also, selecting Team > Synchronize Workspace is a really quick way to get the Synchronize View that I'm so used to using. The reason I'm so used to this view is that I'm a long-time Subclipse (now Subversive) user.

Thanks again for everyone's help. Very much appreciated!

Best,
Rob
Re: Not saving "Synchronize Git" information [message #902763 is a reply to message #902505] Mon, 20 August 2012 10:31 Go to previous message
Dariusz Luksza is currently offline Dariusz LukszaFriend

To by hones, during five years of using cvs-synchronization I never pin any sychronization. I was always redoing "team->synchonize" each time I want to review outgoing and incomming changes
Previous Topic:JGit - Override paintCommit (AbstractPlotRenderer)
Next Topic:JGit diff word by word
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:09:46 GMT 2024