Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Timeout when starting Blueprint Bundle in Virgo 3.5.0.RELEASE(I created a working OSGi Bundle without a "/OSGI-INF/blueprint/blueprint.xml" and it starts, add the XML and it fails to start.)
Timeout when starting Blueprint Bundle in Virgo 3.5.0.RELEASE [message #902315] Fri, 17 August 2012 02:47 Go to next message
William Curtis is currently offline William CurtisFriend
I created a new bundle project using maven-bundle-plugin. This plugin wraps log4j-1.2.17 and exposes the internal workings of log4j to other bundles that use too much of log4j that I can't control. (It actually "inlines" the log4j classes)

This works well.

I defined a service interface and implementation in the bundle as well that could be used to control the log appenders and levels for loggers. (The final goal was to add a console interface to allow OSGi console level manipulation of log4j)

I went to define that service interface in the "/OSGI-INF/blueprint/blueprint.xml" and the whole bundle fails to start. It times out and never starts and the bundle "un-resolves" and uninstalls.

I took the definitions of the service and interface out of the .xml and re-deployed. So now, the XML just has the "blueprint" begin and end tags and it still will not start. It just hangs.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<blueprint xmlns="htp://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0">
</blueprint> 	

I don't know where to start debugging this. I can try to start the bundle from the osgi console, but still no help.

Thanks for any help in advance...

Re: Timeout when starting Blueprint Bundle in Virgo 3.5.0.RELEASE [message #916862 is a reply to message #902315] Wed, 19 September 2012 15:06 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
That's strange. Please could you create a minimal testcase to reproduce and raise a bug?
Previous Topic:Virgo in the cloud (AWS) - provisioning suggestions?
Next Topic:@Administrator/Moderator: Cleanup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:52:26 GMT 2024