Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Background Image - Poof!(My Background disappears, bug or improper code?)
Background Image - Poof! [message #901974] Wed, 15 August 2012 11:33 Go to next message
Mark Mising name is currently offline Mark Mising nameFriend
I have long-awaited version 2 of Zest because I was looking forward to a fix for an annoying bug. For my Zest graph, I load a background image that is correctly displayed. However, when another Shell window from my app appears on screen, the background image disappears leaving on a plain white background for my graph.

I had posted a bug report about this a long time ago (1 year? 2 years?), and a couple of others had responded about observing the same sort of behavior. I can no longer find the bug report and version 2.0 seems not to have addressed the bug. Since it is such a blatantly obvious issue, I begin to think that maybe it is not a bug at all, but rather an improper coding of it on my part.

Here's my code excerpt:
Image bimage = new Image(null, imgFile.getAbsolutePath());
gv = new GraphViewer(shell, SWT.NONE);
gv.getGraphControl().setBackgroundImage(bimage);

This works and the image is displayed as expected, but as stated earlier, it vanishes when another Shell window (from the same app) pops-up. Is this behavior a bug (still), or an indication of me doing something improperly?

Mark

[Updated on: Wed, 15 August 2012 11:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Background Image - Poof! [message #902301 is a reply to message #901974] Thu, 16 August 2012 21:06 Go to previous message
Fabian Steeg is currently offline Fabian SteegFriend
I'm not sure how you got any background image at all - I tried your code in one of the sample snippets and I didn't get any image, even without opening a second shell. I did a quick search and found a corresponding bug:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=258902

If you have it almost working maybe you're onto a fix there - contributions welcome Smile
Previous Topic:new javadoc for Zest2??
Next Topic:Contributing to GEF Context menu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:19:17 GMT 2024