Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DTP » Oracle - Unable to use new syntax connection string when using Database Development Perspective
Oracle - Unable to use new syntax connection string when using Database Development Perspective [message #901821] Tue, 14 August 2012 17:12 Go to next message
Doug Busley is currently offline Doug BusleyFriend
Hello Everyone,

I'm having some issues using the database development perspective for our Oracle database. The wizard asks for an SID which is part of the old syntax for connecting. I would like to use the service name instead but the wizard does not allow you to do so and it greys out the input box for the connection url so I can't do it manually.

Essentially, I'd like to do this:
jdbc:oracle:thin:@//HOST:PORT/SERVICE

But it generates this:
jdbc:oracle:thin:@HOST:PORT:SID

Is there a file I can go into and correct the connection url? It won't let me connect with the generated connection url.

Thanks!
Re: Oracle - Unable to use new syntax connection string when using Database Development Perspective [message #901826 is a reply to message #901821] Tue, 14 August 2012 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doug Busley is currently offline Doug BusleyFriend
Figured it out... used the Other driver instead of the thin driver. That let me put in the connection string to my liking. Smile
icon14.gif  Re: Oracle - Unable to use new syntax connection string when using Database Development Perspective [message #1494030 is a reply to message #901826] Mon, 01 December 2014 05:51 Go to previous message
Sam Xu is currently offline Sam XuFriend
it works, thanks.
Previous Topic:Is there a Hibernate plugin for Eclipse Luna??
Next Topic:Servlet JNDI sqljdbc failed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:41:06 GMT 2024