Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » eclipse stopped working now wont start (exit code=1)(Eclipse was running and working fine... then decided to stop working!)
eclipse stopped working now wont start (exit code=1) [message #901609] Mon, 13 August 2012 16:18 Go to next message
James R is currently offline James RFriend
I recently installed eclipse (specifically: eclipse-java-juno-win32). Everything was working good and fine... started a couple of projects for Android. However yesterday while I was working with eclipse, it suddenly started acting strange. It no longer was listing 'resources' in the autocomplete list. So I thought I'd just restart eclipse. But after that it no longer would start (no error msg, just shot back to windows). So I restarted the computer (which said that eclipse was still running, it didn't seem to close from the first time).
After the restart I kept getting the error: 'Unable to start java virtual machine' when I would try to startup Eclipse. So after googling I added the 'vm' line to the ini file to point at the java install dir. Then I got the nice 'Java was started but returned exit code=1'. I've now tried reinstalling Java (JDK and JRE), but to no avail. I did get eclipse to start-up once since then by running from the command line:
java -jar "c:\program files\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.v20120522-1813.jar".

However it ran for a bit and then crashed on a memmory error, and now even that won't start.

It should be noted that I did not change any settings, install/update any software before the original 'Eclipse' crash. Not sure how a program breaks itself like that...

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Re: eclipse stopped working now wont start (exit code=1) [message #902482 is a reply to message #901609] Fri, 17 August 2012 21:08 Go to previous message
James R is currently offline James RFriend
Problem is now solved. Turned out I had a virus problem... once it was cleaned up, Eclipse ran fine.
Previous Topic:Where can i see intruction of JSDT installation?
Next Topic:Resizing views/windows/shell/display
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:51:15 GMT 2024