Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » Errors in org.eclipse projects after nightly build update
Errors in org.eclipse projects after nightly build update [message #898358] Thu, 26 July 2012 09:20 Go to next message
Steve Doody is currently offline Steve DoodyFriend
Hi,

Using EDT version 0.8.0. Been following the milestones and nightly builds for a while now. I ran a software update this morning and moved to 0.8.1.v201207252109 and I've now got 93 errors in the following projects:

org.eclipse.edt.rui.dojo.remote_0.8.1
org.eclipse.edt.rui.widgets_0.8.1

I've attached a file detailing the errors.

Thanks
Steve
Re: Errors in org.eclipse projects after nightly build update [message #898489 is a reply to message #898358] Thu, 26 July 2012 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Svihovec is currently offline Brian SvihovecFriend
Steve,

Thanks for heads up on this issue. I have opened a high severity defect in bugzilla - https: //bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=386041

We recently finished working on the EDT .8.1 release, and have now started building EDT version .8.2 (although the version numbers haven't been updated yet). It looks like a breaking change was checked in that is causing the 'class' property of a Widget to appear as a reserved word.

At this point in time, due to the fact that our final .8.1 build has not yet been published, I would recommend that you uninstall your latest build and install the .8.1 milestone 3 build. The .8.1 release build should be published soon, and you can can migrate to that build for any additional fixes that were made after the milestone 3 build was published. In the future, to avoid running into issues like this, I would recommend using milestone builds instead of nightly builds.

-Brian

Re: Errors in org.eclipse projects after nightly build update [message #898501 is a reply to message #898489] Thu, 26 July 2012 13:43 Go to previous message
Matt Heitz is currently offline Matt HeitzFriend
I'll update the version numbers in tonight's build, except for the _0.8.1 suffix on the widget projects.

-Matt
Previous Topic:EGL Environment issues
Next Topic:Where are the EDT roadmaps?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:32:14 GMT 2024