Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Deploying on remote Server
Deploying on remote Server [message #897446] Tue, 24 July 2012 07:47 Go to next message
Philipp Bosshart is currently offline Philipp BosshartFriend
Hey guys,

I am new to eclipse and I have a questions.
I installed a IBM Websphere Application Server v7 on a remote machine with Windows Server 2008.

On my local computer (Windows XP) I am using eclipse for Java EE development. It is so simple to deploy to a local Websphere server, but my concern is "How can I deploy to a remote application server?".

I don't know how to add a remote server to eclipse.

I really appreciate it, if someone is able to help me in this case.
Thank you very much.

Kind regards
Philipp
Re: Deploying on remote Server [message #899122 is a reply to message #897446] Mon, 30 July 2012 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Javin Paul is currently offline Javin PaulFriend

I haven't done this but see if this helps https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=9918371
Re: Deploying on remote Server [message #901747 is a reply to message #897446] Tue, 14 August 2012 12:56 Go to previous message
Mladen Sekara is currently offline Mladen SekaraFriend
It should be exactly the same as for the local deployment, but you will need to change WAS hostname to match remote server rather than local and your remote server's firewall must accept connections.

More info here: publib.boulder.ibm.com/wasce/V2.1.0/en/deploying-in-eclipse.html

[Updated on: Tue, 14 August 2012 12:57]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Eclipse plugin for GUI design with JQuery UI Components
Next Topic:Open Declaration - F3 opens Excel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:23:23 GMT 2024