Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Zest: Layout of Graph with GraphContainer(Zest GraphContainer automatic resizing mechanisms.)
Zest: Layout of Graph with GraphContainer [message #897113] Sat, 21 July 2012 23:12 Go to next message
Stefan Ettrup is currently offline Stefan EttrupFriend
Hi All.

I'm having a problem with resizing of nested GraphContainer nodes.

In the example I'm having I have a graph containing four GraphContainer components A,B,C and D.

index.php/fa/10799/0/

These containers contains a different numbers of nodes. However it doesn't seem to be resizing properly. This can be seen on the picture.
If I then for instance call "A.setSize(1000,1000);" the nodes inside this container is just resized, such that I still have the same space issue.

How can I get the GraphContainer size bigger, while maintaining the same size for nodes inside this container?

Help is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
  • Attachment: zest1.png
    (Size: 38.06KB, Downloaded 1402 times)

[Updated on: Sat, 21 July 2012 23:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Zest: Layout of Graph with GraphContainer [message #897136 is a reply to message #897113] Sun, 22 July 2012 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zoltan Ujhelyi is currently offline Zoltan UjhelyiFriend
Hi Stefan,

Sadly, GraphContainers have a lot of rough edges in Zest. As far as I know, currently you can only manually find all the contained elements and resize them.

Cheers,
Zoltán
Re: Zest: Layout of Graph with GraphContainer [message #897169 is a reply to message #897136] Sun, 22 July 2012 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan Ettrup is currently offline Stefan EttrupFriend
Hi Zoltan.

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried to do this, however it's only for some reason the x-axis which is reacting to this.
For instance I tried to call setSize(50,50) on the first node, in the "Main" subgraph.
The result can be seen below.
Any other ideas?
otherwise I will try to look into rewriting the GraphContainer, fullfilling my needs.

Thanks in advance.

index.php/fa/10805/0/

• Attachment: zest2.png
    (Size: 146.95KB, Downloaded 1278 times)
Re: Zest: Layout of Graph with GraphContainer [message #897291 is a reply to message #897169] Mon, 23 July 2012 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

sorry, but I have no idea. On the other hand, if you end up modifying GraphContainer, and you open a Bugzilla ticket with a corresponding patch, I can merge your changes.

Zoltán
Re: Zest: Layout of Graph with GraphContainer [message #995023 is a reply to message #897291] Fri, 28 December 2012 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brandon Lewis is currently offline Brandon LewisFriend
Hmm... we were hoping to use GraphContainers in our project using Zest as well and we've hit the same problem -barely any sizing control for the GraphContainers.

I even, super hacky, changed the container size by modifying the GraphContainer's label and it still modified the contained nodes proportionally.

Found this post from another user who made his own modifications and has filed a number of tickets:

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/761069/
Re: Zest: Layout of Graph with GraphContainer [message #996311 is a reply to message #995023] Tue, 01 January 2013 19:02 Go to previous message
Hi Brandon,

sadly, we had no time to work with GraphContainers recently, so they are still a lot of known issues with them. Additionally, the built-in graph layouts also cannot handle really well the special cases possible (e.g. connecting a top-level node with a contained node makes it hard to determine a good layout).

In other words, making the GraphContainers useful needs a lot of work in general for we do not have the effort to do it - and that also consists of defining a re-usable public API for them.

About the tickets and modifications from the other thread: we are not authorized to take in the code from the Eclipse Forums directly into Zest because of IP reasons - such modifications should have been attached to a Bugzilla ticket.

Alltogether, if you have the time, and can (and are allowed to) updating the code to a better version, please attach the required changes to the mentioned tickets (and also report back here, as I am not cc-ed for all the existing tickets), and I am ready to review the code, and then integrate it to the Zest code base.

Sorry that I cannot help anymore,
Zoltán
Previous Topic:Customize GraphNodes
Next Topic:How can I create context menu but on hover action?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:35:30 GMT 2024