Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » Report eating memory in viewer(Report eating memory in viewer)
Report eating memory in viewer [message #896917] Fri, 20 July 2012 12:32 Go to next message
Robert Waltz is currently offline Robert WaltzFriend
Messages: 7
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
I've created two reports based on a postgresql data source with a simple query as a dataset. The first one accesses and builds a single column of names. These get added as hyperlinks and clicking on them drills through to the second report, which displays a chart for the relavent data for that name.
All of this works fine within Eclipse. When I transfer the reports to the viewer, Birt/report directory, the first report works fine but when I try to drill through to the second report it just spins, "processing report", and if I don't cancel it will eventually eat up a gig of memory and give an "out of memory" exception (with no stack trace).
I've tried lots of stuff - initially I increased Tomcat's memory (hence the 1 gig). I thought that perhaps the parameters (date ranges, etc) for the second report were not coming through properly and changed the data set to be built from a static query - same problem. I've turned logging on in the database and the correct query is coming through.
I figure I'll fire up the debugger and connect to the viewer - I haven't done that before and it seems like a real pain for what should be a simple report config... anyone else have thoughts on next steps?

[Updated on: Fri, 20 July 2012 12:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Report eating memory in viewer [message #896944 is a reply to message #896917] Fri, 20 July 2012 13:42 Go to previous message
Robert Waltz is currently offline Robert WaltzFriend
Messages: 7
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Right after I posted this I restarted tomcat with the new report (the one based on a DataSet with a static Query) and the darn report started working... so it's an issue with the date range parameters not being translated properly to the query... which gives me something to chase down. Sorry to anyone who started thinking about this!
Previous Topic:Numbering Rows
Next Topic:How to add HTML attributes in BIRT
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Oct 18 05:19:15 GMT 2021

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01247 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top