Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Problem installing jubula: standalone setup.exe fails
Problem installing jubula: standalone setup.exe fails [message #895387] Thu, 12 July 2012 16:22 Go to next message
Ana Sousa is currently offline Ana SousaFriend
Hi.
I've recently found out about Jubula and I was trying to install the standalone version 1.2.1 (I'm running Windows XP, with JRE 1.6).

However, during the install process, the following error message is displayed:

"<install_path>\jubula_6.0.01011\jubula\plugins\org.h2_1.1.117.v201105142352.jar
Could not create this file. Shall I try again? [Yes] [No] [Cancel]"

I've tried selecting Yes, but I keep receiving the same message.

I've checked and there's no "_JAVA_OPTION' variable present.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Ana.
Re: Problem installing jubula: standalone setup.exe fails [message #895858 is a reply to message #895387] Mon, 16 July 2012 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

I've not run into this before - are you installing with or without admin rights? Do you have write privileges to the place that is trying to be written to? Was it open in another program?

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Problem installing jubula: standalone setup.exe fails [message #895879 is a reply to message #895858] Mon, 16 July 2012 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ana Sousa is currently offline Ana SousaFriend
Hi, Alex.

I was about to reply when something in your comment caught my attention (Was it open in another program?) and I decided to try again and... it worked! Smile
Just to answer your questions: yes, I was running it with admin rights and I had write privileges to the install directory.
What made the difference was: this time around I've closed other programs that I had running (browsers, word processors, etc) and that did the trick.

Thanks.
Ana.
Re: Problem installing jubula: standalone setup.exe fails [message #895883 is a reply to message #895879] Mon, 16 July 2012 12:40 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
I'm pleased that worked! Like I said, I'd not seen it before either, but there are certain "just-to-check" questions that you get used to asking Smile
Previous Topic:while loop construct
Next Topic:Can't open jubula in my VM
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:05:19 GMT 2024