Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » MWE2 workflow with xpand2.Generator and Beautifier fails
MWE2 workflow with xpand2.Generator and Beautifier fails [message #894933] Wed, 11 July 2012 07:42 Go to next message
Martin Girschick is currently offline Martin GirschickFriend
I've added

postprocessor = org.eclipse.xpand2.output.JavaBeautifier

to the outlet of my Generator component. When I run it, I get:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: [XtextLinkingDiagnostic: null:21 Couldn't resolve reference to JvmType 'org.eclipse.xpand2.output.JavaBeautifier'.]

I guess, there's some kind of classpath problem but as the component itself works, classes from org.eclipse.xpand2 seem to be okay. Any ideas?

Martin
Re: MWE2 workflow with xpand2.Generator and Beautifier fails [message #894939 is a reply to message #894933] Wed, 11 July 2012 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karsten Thoms is currently offline Karsten ThomsFriend

Hi Martin!

Yes, this indicates a classpath problem. But you are also right that if the class Generator is found, also JavaBeautifier should be found, since they are bundled both in the org.eclipse.xpand plugin. Anyway, check that the class is really on your classpath.

~Karsten

Need professional support for Xtext, EMF, Eclipse IDE?
Go to: http://devhub.karakun.com
Twitter : @kthoms
Blog : www.karsten-thoms.de
Re: MWE2 workflow with xpand2.Generator and Beautifier fails [message #894943 is a reply to message #894939] Wed, 11 July 2012 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks. At least I seem to be on the right track. However I rechecked the spelling and the run configuration and didn't find any mistakes. Auto-complete properly shows me the class but I still get the error.

Any specific ideas on which places to check?

How can I enable debug logging on MWE2 runs?

Thanks again!
Re: MWE2 workflow with xpand2.Generator and Beautifier fails [message #897134 is a reply to message #894943] Sun, 22 July 2012 08:20 Go to previous message
I resolved the issue by adding the following four entries to the Require-Bundle section of MANIFEST.MF:
 org.eclipse.core.runtime;bundle-version="3.8.0",
 org.eclipse.core.resources;bundle-version="3.8.0",
 org.eclipse.jdt.core;bundle-version="3.8.1",
 org.eclipse.text;bundle-version="3.5.200"

Using the "old" xpand in new xtext2 projects seems to create a few minor problems, I guess if have to take a closer look on how xpand is integrated in xtend2...
Previous Topic:Custom ScopeProvider + FilteringScope and Proxy Resolution ?
Next Topic:Has Xtext a limited depth for grammars?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:47:43 GMT 2024