Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Java Build Path(Ubuntu 12.04 / Eclipse / Mark Dexter's Persistence Tutorial )
Java Build Path [message #894905] Wed, 11 July 2012 03:32 Go to next message
Diego PC is currently offline Diego PCFriend
Hi. I am following the Mark Dexter's Persistence Tutorial... Thanks Mark, you are the best Java teacher... And, even though I am real new on programming, everything is been smooth until lesson 6. I am in Eclipse, I go to Proyect Properties, click on Java Build Path, I go to JRE System Library [JavaSE/1.6], then I click on rt.jar, and then, click on Source Attachment:

Then, using Nautilus I go to /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-openjdk-i386 and I select the src.zip, but Eclipse tells me that the path does not exist.

Is that the right place for the path on Ubuntu?

I am trying to see the String Class on Eclipse. The goal is to work with xml resources to achieve persistence.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

Thanks.
Re: Java Build Path [message #894910 is a reply to message #894905] Wed, 11 July 2012 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I solved, maybe in a strange manner. I downloaded jdk1.7 and then, in a folder called java-7-Oracle, I found another src.zip, this one with proper icon.

Just in case anyone comes with the same trouble...

Java Build Path and src.zip java [message #895185 is a reply to message #894910] Wed, 11 July 2012 22:23 Go to previous message
I am guessing I have derived problems from using jdk's 1.7 src.zip folder, instead of jdk's 1.7 src.zip folder.

1.6 is the jdk version my project is armed on. The class I am working with is called ContraPeso. It is a copy of Mark Dexter's Persistence Tutorial MyUtilities Class (lessons 11 and 12).

The methods I am having problems with are saveToSerialFile and getFromSerialFile. Those are supossed to run because the xstream-1.4.2.jar has been imported. But the source attachment was not made with the original jdk1.6 src.zip (it was just a shorcut), it was made with the jdk1.7 src.zip. So, now, when I run the JUnitTestSuite, I have the following message under Failure Trace: java.lang.Exception: No Runnable Methods / at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:532).

I bet the refferencing is incorrect because jdk version varies. Any idea to solve this?

Should I find the correct src.zip version? You now where?

They say that if I use jdk1.7 instead of jdk1.6, then the Source Atachment will be made automtically. But I do not know how to upgrade the jdk version both my Eclipse and my Project are using. Any help?

I put a screenshot of the situation atached.

Thanks.
Previous Topic:Search in JFace TreeViewer
Next Topic:Enabling bytecode instrumentation within an Eclipse build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:48:51 GMT 2024