Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Sequence diagram basics(Need additional manuals, tutorials, or examples)
Sequence diagram basics [message #894647] Tue, 10 July 2012 00:18 Go to next message
Aaron Hoffer is currently offline Aaron HofferFriend
I have been playing with Papyrus for about a day. I have watched all the instruction videos I can find and have read two PDF files (TutorialOnPapyrusUSE_d20101001 and PapyrusTutorial_OnSequenceDiagrams_v0.1_d2010100). I have successfully created class diagrams. I cannot understand how to create sequence diagrams.

My stumbling blocks are:

1. I do not understand how classes/types are supposed to be associated with Lifelines. I learned from another post that to select the class/type of a Lifeline, I have to create a property/parameter/... and associate *that* with a class. I do not understand why. I do not understand how or where this should be done.

2. I hacked my was past (1) by creating property elements as children of a dummy node. I then changed the type of the property to a particular class. Only then could I assign a class to a Lifeline. However, I could not create an async message from one Lifeline to another. I added an operation on the class called simulate(). I expected that dragging the async connector from one Lifeline to another would allow me to invoke the call the operation simulate(). However, that is not the case. I see only the circle-with-a-line-through-it icon.

I need additional examples, samples, manuals, documentation, or tutorials. What am I missing?

Re: Sequence diagram basics [message #903269 is a reply to message #894647] Wed, 22 August 2012 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Victor Malyshko is currently offline Victor MalyshkoFriend
For example, create class diagram:
Class1 --- Class2
--- is the association class1_class2 with Member Ends: class1 and class2. Set the owner of both member ends the association.
Now You can create sequence diagram:
class1:Class1 -msg-> class2:Class2
First lifeline is associated with first member end of association, second -- with the second. Then you create the message, choice "No member". After creation of the message assign the operation in Signature field.
Re: Sequence diagram basics [message #947957 is a reply to message #894647] Wed, 17 October 2012 16:01 Go to previous message
Laya eng is currently offline Laya engFriend
Dear Aaron Hoffer
i find this link that i think it is useful
(www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMTQlhglZLM)
regards
Previous Topic:SysML: flow, proxy and full ports
Next Topic:request reference in MARTE profile of UML using Papyrus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:19:03 GMT 2024