Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » Form field parsing issue(Short one digit?)
Form field parsing issue [message #894604] Mon, 09 July 2012 19:31 Go to next message
Nathan Reed is currently offline Nathan ReedFriend
Windows XP
Rich UI
Ported from RBD
EDT 0.8.0

I ported a RichUI part from RBD that contains a form constructed via a DB table with the RichUI data wizards.

One of the data fields in the DB is defined decimal(10) (MS SQL Server in RBD now in MySQL).

In the form it is defined as a dojotextfield.

In RBD when I exit the dojotextfield with more than 10 digits I get a parsing error as expected. In EDT I get a [CRRUI2719E] Error parsing input value when exiting the field with 9 digits. I have double checked the DB definition and it is decimal(10).

Appears to be an error in EDT?

Thx,

Nathan Reed
Re: Form field parsing issue [message #894648 is a reply to message #894604] Tue, 10 July 2012 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fahua jin is currently offline fahua jinFriend
Nathan,

Are you using the org.eclipse.edt.rui.dojo.remote_0.8.0 in your workspace? You could try to use the local dojo workspace (you can start the EGL project creation wizard, and select 0.8.0(Dojo 1.7.1) for 'Dojo widgets' in the 2nd page).

This is a bug when using org.eclipse.edt.rui.dojo.remote_0.8.0, and it's fixed in the 0.8.1 build. Thanks.

Rocky
Re: Form field parsing issue [message #894738 is a reply to message #894648] Tue, 10 July 2012 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocky:

Yes, I was using the remote.

As suggested I have gone through the project wizard and now have:

org.eclipse.edt.rui.dojo_0.8.0

I deleted the remote dojo project from my workspace.

I have modified the egl build path to contain org.eclipse.edt.rui.dojo_0.8.0

I have done a clean on my project.

In preview mode I still get the same issue.

I am going to modify my app to move on but wanted to let you know my results.

Let me know if more information would be helpful.

Thx,

Nathan Reed
Re: Form field parsing issue [message #895562 is a reply to message #894738] Fri, 13 July 2012 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Svihovec is currently offline Brian SvihovecFriend
Nathan,

I tried this on the latest code from CVS, and I am only seeing an error message issued when I enter more than 10 digits. If you find some time to try this again, it would be good to know if you are still having this issue.

-Brian
Re: Form field parsing issue [message #895908 is a reply to message #895562] Mon, 16 July 2012 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian:

I reset the field to decimal(10) and get the same error.

By running several test I discovered it is not just short one digit. If I try any decimal(x) with x under 10 it works as expected. If I try any x 10 or greater it throws the parsing error when you enter 10 digits or more.

I have a validator on the field. I removed the validator and retested. It still fails as above.

Hope this helps.

Thx,

Nathan Reed
Re: Form field parsing issue [message #896023 is a reply to message #895908] Tue, 17 July 2012 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Nathan,

Could you please try below attached EGL file in your env? I downloaded a new clean version of EDT 0.8, and tried it in the EDT. No problem is found with both remote and local dojo projects.

BTW, could you please try your handler in external browsers? Let's take a look see if it's a browser specific problem or not. Thanks.

Rocky
  • Attachment: H1.egl
    (Size: 2.10KB, Downloaded 424 times)
Re: Form field parsing issue [message #896231 is a reply to message #896023] Tue, 17 July 2012 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocky:

I tried to update to 0.8.1 yesterday and created a mess.

Have started all over and completely recreated 0.8.0 in a new eclipse.

When I try my app with decimal definition I have the exact same issue. any definition over decimal(9) will only allow 9 digits.

I copied H1 into my project. It fails the same way. It also fails on external browser firefox and explorer.

The failure is the same in all cases.

My dojo is local.

Thx,

Nathan Reed
Re: Form field parsing issue [message #896315 is a reply to message #896231] Wed, 18 July 2012 03:15 Go to previous message
Nathan,

We finally could stably reproduce your problem in certain conditions. This problem only happen when the decimal declaration is >= 10, and it seems that the problem is caused by the generated JS code is not correctly refreshed. If you press the refresh button (at the top-right corner) of the preview tab in EDT 0.81, then the problem is gone.

I've opened a bug (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=385360) for this issue, thank you!

Rocky

[Updated on: Wed, 18 July 2012 03:18]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Bad install?
Next Topic:What happened to IRest?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 23:43:26 GMT 2024