Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » [SOLVED]Tests pass in ITE, but fail in testexec: Unsupported Language
[SOLVED]Tests pass in ITE, but fail in testexec: Unsupported Language [message #894599] Mon, 09 July 2012 19:08 Go to next message
Scott Hull is currently offline Scott HullFriend
I have created a RCP project in eclipse and I have managed to get the OM (Object Mapping) to work fine in the ITE and run the tests successfully. However, when I try to run ./testexec, it halts when it reaches the first point to insert text into a textField.

This is after it executes a few lines of GUI tests.

So I checked the error, it is below:

Timestamp:...

Action: Replace Text
Parameter Name: Text
Parameter Type: String
Parameter Value: NewProfileOfJob

Error Details
Error Type: Action Error
description: Unsupported Keyboard Layout in AUT-Configuration!

The error description states that it is a keyboard issue, which means I am supposedly using the wrong language (I am using English United States).

However, on the testexec cmd line, within the project's preferences, and the regional settings are set to English United States.

Thoughts?

[Updated on: Fri, 13 July 2012 14:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Tests pass in ITE, but fail in testexec: Unsupported Language [message #894926 is a reply to message #894599] Wed, 11 July 2012 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

What is the keyboard layout on the system you are using? It sounds like you have specified one keyboard layout in the AUT configuration, and the system where you are running testexec isn't using that keyboard layout.

More information on keyboard layouts is here.

HTH,
Alex
Re: Tests pass in ITE, but fail in testexec: Unsupported Language [message #895046 is a reply to message #894926] Wed, 11 July 2012 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I checked the project's keyboard, the AUT's keyboard, the regional settings, and the keyboard layout on the system settings and they are all English United States. Whats strange is that these tests pass in the ITE, but still fail in the testexec.
Re: Tests pass in ITE, but fail in testexec: Unsupported Language [message #895065 is a reply to message #895046] Wed, 11 July 2012 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

When you say the project's keyboard and AUT's keyboard, I think you mean that you checked the languages. Projects and AUT's support languages for test data - the keyboard layout is not (in a technical sense) related to the language, but to the text input during the test. The keyboard layout is something that can only be entered in the AUT configuration - the documentation I linked above contains the place you have to look.

Nevertheless, it is somewhat confusing that the tests run correctly from the ITE, but not via testexec - unless of course you are running the tests on different machines?
HTH,
Alex
Re: Tests pass in ITE, but fail in testexec: Unsupported Language [message #895137 is a reply to message #895065] Wed, 11 July 2012 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, languages. And I am currently running the tests on a local machine for the ITE and testexec. We are trying to integrate the jubula tests into our nightly hudson build with the testexec (same machine).

Is there any other sort of information I should provide for a problem like this?

Re: Tests pass in ITE, but fail in testexec: Unsupported Language [message #895210 is a reply to message #895137] Thu, 12 July 2012 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You could post what parameters you are using for testexec and a screenshot of your AUT configuration (the full dialog, expanded up until "Expert" settings). That may help.

Alex
Re: Tests pass in ITE, but fail in testexec: Unsupported Language [message #895338 is a reply to message #894599] Thu, 12 July 2012 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sure.

Attached is a picture of my configuration.

testexec below:

./testexec -server "localhost" -port 60000 -project "SharingNiCETests" -autid AUTIDAUTORUN -testsuite "ProfileTester" -dbsceme "jubulaHudsonTests" -datadir /home/......./jubulaData -resultdir /home/......./jubulaResults -language "en_US" -dbuser "user" -dbpw "" -data "/home/....../jubulaWorkSpace" -version 1.0

I had to edit some lines out, but the "......" represents a legal set of subdirectories.

I am using a MySQL database, however I have tried the tests this with the embedded H2 and run into the same issue.

Re: Tests pass in ITE, but fail in testexec: Unsupported Language [message #895525 is a reply to message #895338] Fri, 13 July 2012 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah, I believe I have the culprit Smile

When you run the test via testexec, you're starting the AUT via autrun, not via a configuration (as you appear to when you start the test via the ITE). As autrun replaces the configuration, they can be (and are, in this case) configured differently. Generally you only need to use autrun if you are working with Test Jobs - perhaps you could be using a configuration for the testexec instead. More information on different ways of starting AUTs is here.

That's not to say that you can't / shouldn't connect via autrun, it just took me longer to realize the problem Wink - when you start an RCP AUT via autrun, you also need the parameter for the keyboard layout, described in the documentation here. I guess if it's not entered, some kind of default is used. If you specify that parameter, then it should work.

HTH,
Alex

Re: Tests pass in ITE, but fail in testexec: Unsupported Language [message #895530 is a reply to message #895525] Fri, 13 July 2012 12:22 Go to previous message
Yeah, adding the -k en_US to my autrun fixed my issue. Thank you very much!
Previous Topic:Eclipse Testing Day 2012 - Registration Open!
Next Topic:while loop construct
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:15:12 GMT 2024