Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Wizard Only: Andorid Eclipse missing Android Project(Missing File → New → Other → Android → Android Project)
Wizard Only: Andorid Eclipse missing Android Project [message #894494] Mon, 09 July 2012 12:39 Go to next message
josh janzen is currently offline josh janzenFriend
Hi, I'm new to Android Development and am using Eclipse. I recently updated my Eclipse and ADT Plugin, and my normal selection steps to begin a new project have been replaced with Wizards only. This makes it tough for me to follow tutorials for beginners. Any help to fix this setting in Eclipse would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Wizard Only: Andorid Eclipse missing Android Project [message #894678 is a reply to message #894494] Tue, 10 July 2012 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick Johnson is currently offline Nick JohnsonFriend
www.vogella.com/articles/Android/article.html

This tutorial may help you.......
Re: Wizard Only: Andorid Eclipse missing Android Project [message #894801 is a reply to message #894678] Tue, 10 July 2012 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
josh janzen is currently offline josh janzenFriend
Thanks Nick! I figured out why I lost that option replaced by a new Wizard with the updated Android ADT Plug-in for Eclipse.
Re: Wizard Only: Andorid Eclipse missing Android Project [message #895207 is a reply to message #894801] Thu, 12 July 2012 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick Johnson is currently offline Nick JohnsonFriend
Welcome Josh ! M glad that I able to provide you the right solution.... All d best.
Re: Wizard Only: Andorid Eclipse missing Android Project [message #895644 is a reply to message #895207] Sat, 14 July 2012 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
herb martin is currently offline herb martinFriend
Please, what WAS the solution? I sure didn't see it on the llink above (which is a very good link for other reasons.)

After installing ADT version 20, problem creating a 1.6/API 4 project now that the newer (version 20) SDK is installed.

Would one of the experts try creating this even WITHOUT the 'activity' please?

I cannot complete with the blank activity checked (due to the missing API 8, which tries to install the already installed API 9 when asked to update), NOR can I complete with NO activity selected.

In the latter case, i.e., uncheck the create Activity box, the Finish button appears, creates the project partially, but not one that will build (as the older versions would do even with an old API.

Also, there is no actual indication that the "Finish" has worked -- you must look over in the browse pane to see the new project even though the dialog remains.

[Updated on: Sat, 14 July 2012 01:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Wizard Only: Andorid Eclipse missing Android Project [message #895646 is a reply to message #895644] Sat, 14 July 2012 01:17 Go to previous message
herb martin is currently offline herb martinFriend
Ok, found a solution here:

droiddudes.com/2012/07/12/unable-to-create-android-project-in-eclipse-with-adt-20/

Delete Android Support Tools (version 9) from ADK.

Run App wizard again -- it will complete that it requires Version 8 -- confirm you wish to install. Version 9 gets (re)installed. Dialog completes.

Next time you run it there are no errors, and if you look in ADT manager it is in there (again.)

Update: Worked for "test" project then failed for my new real project which has SPACE in the name -- changed the PROJECT NAME (not the app name) to remove the space and the wizard completed correctly.

[Updated on: Sat, 14 July 2012 01:51]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:ant build error in Eclipse
Next Topic:add path for resource file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:10:54 GMT 2024