Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » source file filtering/prioritizing/replacement/translation/transformation?
source file filtering/prioritizing/replacement/translation/transformation? [message #893375] Tue, 03 July 2012 18:20 Go to next message
Paul Molodowitch is currently offline Paul MolodowitchFriend
When determing source files for browsing, is there a way to tell eclipse to ignore some versions of a found file in favor of others? Ie, when browsing to a file, I get three options - is there a way to always tell eclipse to use one of them, without asking me?

The situation is this: I have a project whose make command essentially creates a copy of many of the source files in it's build directory. This means that when I try to browse to myClass.cpp, I get a dialog asking me if I want to open:

build/debug/myClass.cpp
build/release/myClass.cpp
src/myClass.cpp

Basically, I always want to tell it to use the version in src. Is there a way to do this?
Re: source file filtering/prioritizing/replacement/translation/transformation? [message #893462 is a reply to message #893375] Wed, 04 July 2012 08:45 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
You can mark the whole build folder as "derived" (this is an Eclipse property which can be changed in the Ressource section when you open the properties of the folder). Then you can exclude derived folders from your search.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:Autodiscovery - discovered paths
Next Topic:New Problems with "Juno"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:04:07 GMT 2024