Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Overriding the DiagramEditor class
Overriding the DiagramEditor class [message #892797] Fri, 29 June 2012 17:59 Go to next message
Dwight Naylor is currently offline Dwight NaylorFriend
Hello All,

I have a custom graphiti project which modifies a great deal of the program's functionality. I'm tying to override the DiagramEditor class in order to make some specific changes to how the editor works. I was browsing the forums and this seems to be something commonly done, yet I couldn't figure out exactly how to do it.

I could make my own class which extended DiagramEditor of course, but I couldn't get graphiti to use it. I was wondering if somebody could walk me through this process of overriding the built-in editor with my own?

Any help is appreciated,
-Dwight
Re: Overriding the DiagramEditor class [message #892813 is a reply to message #892797] Fri, 29 June 2012 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erdal Karaca is currently offline Erdal KaracaFriend
You have to register your derived editor by using the org.eclipse.ui.editors extension point.
Next, if you want to manually call that editor, you would have to use the Workbench API to open an editor, just search for "eclipse open editor programmatically".
Re: Overriding the DiagramEditor class [message #892818 is a reply to message #892813] Fri, 29 June 2012 21:16 Go to previous message
Dwight Naylor is currently offline Dwight NaylorFriend
Erdal,

This was exactly what I needed. Thank you so much for your help!
Previous Topic:Simple collapsefeature
Next Topic:TransactionalEditingDomain, separate model files, and the diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:58:07 GMT 2024