Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » eclipse-jee-juno-win32-x86_64 closes unexpectedly after startup
eclipse-jee-juno-win32-x86_64 closes unexpectedly after startup [message #892467] Thu, 28 June 2012 10:35 Go to next message
james blond is currently offline james blondFriend
Hi everyone,

I've got a very annoying problem, i've downloaded the eclipse-jee-juno-win32-x86_64 version of eclipse and also eclipse-jee-indigo-SR2-win32-x86_64 version. Now everytime when i startup eclipse it closes itself shortly after the workbench appears. If I try the classic version of eclipse, it works well.

Has anyone an idea what the matter is with the EE version of eclipse? I really appreciate any help.

Regards,

James
Re: eclipse-jee-juno-win32-x86_64 closes unexpectedly after startup [message #893144 is a reply to message #892467] Mon, 02 July 2012 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Birger Jarl is currently offline Birger JarlFriend
Hi James!

I'm experiencing the same problems as you.

Let me describe my problem:

I started out with Eclipse Indigo, developing in Java. I'm running this on Windows 7 64-bit.

When Juno hit the release, I updated to Juno through the repositories and used "Install new updates". It updated without errors. When I rebooted Eclipse, the problem started to occur. Eclipse initiates the startup, but closes after the loading the workspace, right about when it starts to build the IDE windows.

I've tried to change workspace, but the same problem still happens.
I've downloaded a fresh copy of Juno, no change.
I've uninstalled all Java components, downloaded them fresh from Oracle, installed and then tried again. Still not working.

I don't get any logfile in my workspace directory.

I'm starting Eclipse through the command prompt with -debug -consoleLog -clean. I do not get any errors nor indication that anything is wrong. It just unexpectedly closes after showing the Splash while building IDE windows, and then nothing else.

I've really tried everything that I've come up with. Nobody seem to have any idea whatsoever of what is causing the problem. It's even stranger that I don't get any log file in my workspace directory.

I'm unsure how to post this as a bug, so if someone would point out how, I'd gladly do it. I'm just happy there's at least one more person in the world having the same problem as I am having.

Thanks,
B
Re: eclipse-jee-juno-win32-x86_64 closes unexpectedly after startup [message #900761 is a reply to message #892467] Wed, 08 August 2012 12:21 Go to previous message
Sara F is currently offline Sara FFriend
Hi guys!

I had the problem of Eclipse EE Juno (package eclipse-jee-juno-win32-x86_64.zip) disappearing immediately after short blink of splash screen.

Problem appeared after I had updated Java JDK to version jdk1.7.0_04. I had chosen to update to 64 bit version, but JDK installed as a default in Program Files, instead of Program Files (x86).

It fixed the problem to put in environment variables PATH=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_04\bin\

I hope this might help in your case.

//Sara
Previous Topic:Saving problem
Next Topic:remote debugging question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:35:05 GMT 2024