Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Removing Parameters from a referenced Test Case with parameters already set in Test Suite
Removing Parameters from a referenced Test Case with parameters already set in Test Suite [message #892322] Wed, 27 June 2012 17:40 Go to next message
Amanda Mitchell is currently offline Amanda MitchellFriend
I've run into an this issue twice now, and it has caused me spend a lot of time fixing all of my tests.

If I have a test case that I have reference in a Test Suite. I've already entered all of my parameters for this test case in the Test Suite.

However, then I realize I forgot a step. I add it to the referenced test case, and the new parameters need to be filled in, in my test Suite. So i do that.

After running my tests, I find this new aspect that I added is causing more issues than helping my test, so i removed it and its parameters from the referenced test case.

However, since I had already filled parameters for the ones I just removed, All parameters for this test case have been jumbled around and no longer make any sense. For instance, values and entered for operators and operators for values ect, and nothing in the correct place. So I have to go through and re-enter all of my parameters every place this test case is present in any of my test suites.

I could understand this issue, if the parameters i removed were in the middle of my list, but they were at the end and should not have affected any of my other parameters.

I just wanted to let people know, don't do this otherwise you'll spend a significant amount of time re-entering parameters.
Re: Removing Parameters from a referenced Test Case with parameters already set in Test Suite [message #892422 is a reply to message #892322] Thu, 28 June 2012 08:01 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

What you are describing sounds like it could be a bug, but I did a quick check based on your description and couldn't reproduce it. Removing a specific parameter should only get rid of its data, not anything else. Can you provide a more detailed description (perhaps with screenshots of what happens e.g. in the properties view) as a bug report? Then we'll see if we can reproduce it, or explain what is going wrong.

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:Jubula Maven Integration for 'Eclipse-Plugin' test automation
Next Topic:Execute External Command not working correctly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:20:53 GMT 2024