Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Can I use Virgo with my existing app and felix
Can I use Virgo with my existing app and felix [message #891956] Tue, 26 June 2012 16:39 Go to next message
Jason Tesser is currently offline Jason TesserFriend
I have looked at the documentation but it seems to assume I will download Virgo Tomcat server and I just want to do something like

<context-param>
<param-name>contextClass</param-name>
<param-value>org.eclipse.virgo.web.dm.ServerOsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext</param-value>
</context-param>

I already have a Felix Listener which I use for OSGI and I get my bundle deployed but teh Spring stuff is never picked up. So I think Virgo is not firing.

Any examples I can use here?
Re: Can I use Virgo with my existing app and felix [message #892164 is a reply to message #891956] Wed, 27 June 2012 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Yes, that context class only works with Virgo Tomcat Server. (You might consider using Gemini Web if you are wedded to Felix.)
Re: Can I use Virgo with my existing app and felix [message #892299 is a reply to message #892164] Wed, 27 June 2012 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Explain. I thought the web stuff moved to Virgo.

Where is the Gemini Web documentation and examples?
Re: Can I use Virgo with my existing app and felix [message #892304 is a reply to message #892299] Wed, 27 June 2012 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Tesser wrote on Wed, 27 June 2012 17:25
Explain. I thought the web stuff moved to Virgo.

You must have Spring DM's web support in mind. This was dead-ended when SpringSource dm Server came along, which later became Virgo.
Quote:

Where is the Gemini Web documentation and examples?

Here. Wink
Re: Can I use Virgo with my existing app and felix [message #892306 is a reply to message #892304] Wed, 27 June 2012 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice. Yes I have read eclipse.org/gemini/web/documentation/gemini-web-documentation-2.0.1.RELEASE/gemini-web-user-guide/

Put it doesn't explain in any way how to use Gemini Web in my already running Tomcat with my Application already deployed.
Re: Can I use Virgo with my existing app and felix [message #892312 is a reply to message #892306] Wed, 27 June 2012 17:09 Go to previous message
Gemini Web is designed to include embedded Tomcat, not the other way round. If you need OSGi inside Tomcat, you'll be looking for servlet bridge, Jetty in embedded 'bridge' mode, and such like. There is also another recent Virgo forum thread on embedding Virgo inside Tomcat, so you may like to chime in there.
Previous Topic:How do I include virgo/gemini support in my own tomcat
Next Topic:The osgi service injection and the order dynamic deploy on virgo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:24:25 GMT 2024