Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » FormText and ControlDecoration support
FormText and ControlDecoration support [message #119002] Wed, 21 January 2009 13:44 Go to next message
Loïc Bertholet is currently offline Loïc BertholetFriend
Messages: 57
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hello,

Do you know if FormText and ControlDecoration support will be integrated
in RAP 1.2.0 ? (bug 251689 and 242213)

Thanks,

Loïc
Re: FormText and ControlDecoration support [message #119181 is a reply to message #119002] Thu, 22 January 2009 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rüdiger Herrmann is currently offline Rüdiger HerrmannFriend
Messages: 581
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Loïc,

we haven't yet decided whether we can provide FormText in version 1.2.
ControlDecoration is unlikely to be available in 1.2. It requires a
lot of things that are not available in RAP (e.g. GC, mouse-move
listeners). Have you tried to use FieldDecoration?

Cheers,
Rüdiger

Loïc Bertholet wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Do you know if FormText and ControlDecoration support will be integrated
> in RAP 1.2.0 ? (bug 251689 and 242213)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Loïc
>
Re: FormText and ControlDecoration support [message #119243 is a reply to message #119181] Thu, 22 January 2009 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Loïc Bertholet is currently offline Loïc BertholetFriend
Messages: 57
Registered: July 2009
Member
Rüdiger,

Thanks for answering.
In fact I want to use IMessageManager.addMessage(...) to handle errors in
Forms and it uses ControlDecoration behind. I will try to find out if I
can achieve it another way.

Loïc

Rüdiger Herrmann wrote:

> Loïc,

> we haven't yet decided whether we can provide FormText in version 1.2.
> ControlDecoration is unlikely to be available in 1.2. It requires a
> lot of things that are not available in RAP (e.g. GC, mouse-move
> listeners). Have you tried to use FieldDecoration?

> Cheers,
> Rüdiger
Re: FormText and ControlDecoration support [message #121499 is a reply to message #119181] Fri, 13 February 2009 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: eclipse2008.shedid.de

Hello Rüdiger,

any news on theFormText? When do you decide whether it will be part of 1.2?

Thanks,
Dirk


Rüdiger Herrmann schrieb:
> Loïc,
>
> we haven't yet decided whether we can provide FormText in version 1.2.
> ControlDecoration is unlikely to be available in 1.2. It requires a lot
> of things that are not available in RAP (e.g. GC, mouse-move listeners).
> Have you tried to use FieldDecoration?
>
> Cheers,
> Rüdiger
>
> Loïc Bertholet wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Do you know if FormText and ControlDecoration support will be
>> integrated in RAP 1.2.0 ? (bug 251689 and 242213)
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Loïc
>>
Re: FormText and ControlDecoration support [message #121648 is a reply to message #121499] Mon, 16 February 2009 10:14 Go to previous message
Rüdiger Herrmann is currently offline Rüdiger HerrmannFriend
Messages: 581
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Dirk,

FormText isn't on our current plan
( http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=r t.rap).
Though I rate this very unlikely, it might come back if we receive a
contribution.

HTH
Rüdiger

Dirk Bernsau wrote:
> Hello Rüdiger,
>
> any news on theFormText? When do you decide whether it will be part of 1.2?
>
> Thanks,
> Dirk
>
>
> Rüdiger Herrmann schrieb:
>> Loïc,
>>
>> we haven't yet decided whether we can provide FormText in version 1.2.
>> ControlDecoration is unlikely to be available in 1.2. It requires a
>> lot of things that are not available in RAP (e.g. GC, mouse-move
>> listeners). Have you tried to use FieldDecoration?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Rüdiger
>>
>> Loïc Bertholet wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Do you know if FormText and ControlDecoration support will be
>>> integrated in RAP 1.2.0 ? (bug 251689 and 242213)
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Loïc
>>>
Previous Topic:Widget.notifyListeners() and Image scaling
Next Topic:TrimLayout
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Dec 03 08:13:11 GMT 2021

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02237 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top