Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How to recover after PC crash during plugin install(Eclipse doesn't see plugin as installed, but won't download/install on second try)
How to recover after PC crash during plugin install [message #890988] Sat, 23 June 2012 17:15 Go to next message
greg jackson is currently offline greg jacksonFriend
Hi,

I was in the middle of downloading/installing the Eclipse Database Development tools, when my computer froze and I had to restart (hurray ubuntu 12.04 instability). This is on Eclipse 3.7.2.

This appears to have left eclipse in a bad state. Maybe some of the plugin files were corrupted, or incompletely downloaded, or various other resource files are mid-update and thefore invalid.

When I tried to install the Database Development Tools plugin again, I got the error message:
An error occurred during the org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.CheckTrust phase.
session context was:(profile=PlatformProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.CheckTrust, operand=, action=).

I can see on disk that a number of org.eclipse.datatools.* files have size 0. I deleted them (actually moved to a backup location) hoping it would force a redownload, but then I just get the same CheckTrust phase error, but now telling me that it's a file not found.

Nothing about the plugin appears as being installed if I go to Help-> About -> Installation Details and look at the history or plugins.

As far as I can tell, Eclipse has some knowledge that it has already downloaded/installed the plugin somewhere, but since the PC was rebooted in the middle of installation it's incomplete and corrupt. I can't "uninstall" the plugin since it doesn't think it's installed, but I can't install it because it won't properly download files or overwrite configurations.

How can I cleanup the failed install, or how can I force a new download/install?

Thanks,
Greg
Re: How to recover after PC crash during plugin install [message #891140 is a reply to message #890988] Sun, 24 June 2012 05:07 Go to previous message
Solved - in addition to deleting the jar files in the plugins directory, I also deleted the artifacts.xml file in ~/.eclipse and was then able to successfully download and install the plugin.
Re: How to recover after PC crash during plugin install [message #891143 is a reply to message #890988] Sun, 24 June 2012 05:07 Go to previous message
Solved - in addition to deleting the jar files in the plugins directory, I also deleted the artifacts.xml file in ~/.eclipse and was then able to successfully download and install the plugin.
Re: How to recover after PC crash during plugin install [message #891145 is a reply to message #890988] Sun, 24 June 2012 05:07 Go to previous message
Re: How to recover after PC crash during plugin install [message #891147 is a reply to message #890988] Sun, 24 June 2012 05:07 Go to previous message
Re: How to recover after PC crash during plugin install [message #891149 is a reply to message #890988] Sun, 24 June 2012 05:07 Go to previous message
Previous Topic:Eclipse Indigo Tutorials
Next Topic:Adding a sound to a simple button
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:56:12 GMT 2024