Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Defining a target platform from a P2 repository( )
Defining a target platform from a P2 repository [message #890319] Thu, 21 June 2012 22:29 Go to next message
Cameron Ross is currently offline Cameron RossFriend
I have a P2 repository containing a collection of bundles. I would like to create a target platform based on this repository. However, when I try to create a Software Site using the Target Platform Wizard the repository appears empty. The wizard does accept the repository URL as being valid, but is does not show any content. Is there a way for me to create a target platform from a plain old P2 repository?

Thanks,
Cameron.
Re: Defining a target platform from a P2 repository [message #891865 is a reply to message #890319] Tue, 26 June 2012 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cameron Ross is currently offline Cameron RossFriend
It seems as though Tycho can see this p2 repository without problems. However, Eclipse expects a Software Site to be a full fledged update site. That is, the repository must include a stock p2 repository plus features and categories. Are there any plans to allow a Target Platform to be based on a stock p2 repository?

[Updated on: Tue, 26 June 2012 11:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Defining a target platform from a P2 repository [message #891999 is a reply to message #891865] Tue, 26 June 2012 19:21 Go to previous message
Curtis Windatt is currently offline Curtis WindattFriend
I think the bug you are looking for is:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=305873

PDE is reusing the somewhat well supported UI components from p2. As p2 does not provide options in the UI to view non-root/feature isntallable units, PDE target platforms do not.

This shouldn't be too difficult to solve, as the target platform just needs a list of IUs in the end. However, there isn't enough committer time to work on it.
Previous Topic:[JADE] A lot of instance of JADE's agent in Eclipse
Next Topic:Product definition with ref to entire p2 repos
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:39:08 GMT 2024