Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Quickfixes appear multiple times
Quickfixes appear multiple times [message #890160] Thu, 21 June 2012 10:11
Michael A. is currently offline Michael A.Friend
Hello

I've got an issue I can provide only a very fuzzy description for - my first guess I made some beginners mistake with quickfixes. Wink
For my XText language/editor I've written a validator that indicates missing model items (which are compulsory depending on the model items container state). Also I've implemented a quickfix that adds the missing modelitem, by inserting text not a semantic one editing the model.
That was just to give you an idea - my problem is, that from time to time my quickfix appears multiple times (2..5+) in the according drop-down menu. I remember seeing this very behavious in a friends project some time ago.
Does my issue sound familiar to you?
Do I have to somehow explicitly close an executed quickfix? Mine won't even clear its graphical indicator on the editors left side.
The problem seems to occur only after having executed another quickfix. Restarting the editor clears those unwanted fixes from the list. Also sometimes (not always!)the offset computation for the fix seems to be invalid once there are multiple seemingly equivalent ones on the list.

Thanks
Previous Topic:Complete proposal method does not provide expected model
Next Topic:importedNamespace w/o WildChar ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:37:33 GMT 2024