Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Get a reference to eclipse UI when running a java agent into Eclipse Process
Get a reference to eclipse UI when running a java agent into Eclipse Process [message #889866] Wed, 20 June 2012 04:27 Go to next message
Michel Legris is currently offline Michel LegrisFriend
I'm working on a kind of "Swing explorer" tool (Spy++ for java)

My tool is working properly for all possible type of java application except for the the Eclipse IDE application. For some reasons it'a not working the agent cant access to any form of UI with GetShells/Windows. I'm trying to figure out why I cant access to the UI just like any other java application.

I'm using a VirtualMachine java agent "injected" into Eclipse IDE process. The agent is correctly injected into Eclipse ide process...and try to Use Display.GetShells to get an access to all the UI of The eclipse IDE but GetShells return no shell.

Any ideas? Why GetShells/window return nothing? How i'm suppose the access to the top level UI element (the window)? Any better place to post specific question like this?

Thanks
Re: Get a reference to eclipse UI when running a java agent into Eclipse Process [message #890058 is a reply to message #889866] Wed, 20 June 2012 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So nobody know anything about this Sad

Is anybody know what is the top level UI element class (ex: a shell or a window)or how can I access to it like any other regular java application.

Thanks
Re: Get a reference to eclipse UI when running a java agent into Eclipse Process [message #890081 is a reply to message #890058] Thu, 21 June 2012 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
You are not finding any shells because Eclipse isn't a Swing application. Eclipse is written using SWT, a different widget framework.

http://www.eclipse.org/swt/

- Konstantin
Re: Get a reference to eclipse UI when running a java agent into Eclipse Process [message #890082 is a reply to message #890081] Thu, 21 June 2012 01:33 Go to previous message
Heu..yes It's exactly what i'm expecting :

Getting an instance to org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell in my java agent. (it work for any other SWT application)

I'm supporting any widget controls but Eclipse is the only application where the GetShell in my agent return no shell...I'm just trying to figure out why?

Is eclipse running the java.exe in the system32 folder (Instead of the jre exe in program files) or the usage of a splashscreen can be a part of the problem?

Thanks for any help, I have spent many days on this particular issue.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 June 2012 01:46]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:eclipse and java zombie process
Next Topic:Clear Program arguments on restart of Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:55:01 GMT 2024