Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse won't run: (An error has occurred. See the log file....)
icon8.gif  Eclipse won't run: (An error has occurred. See the log file....) [message #889855] Tue, 19 June 2012 23:11 Go to next message
Jasper Burns is currently offline Jasper BurnsFriend
Hi coders!

I'm trying to learn Java (my first language) using Stanford's iTunes U course, and it requires me to install eclipse. However, everytime I attempt to launch it, I get the following message (and the screenshot is attached):

An error has occurred. See the log file /applications/eclipse/configuration/1340147017329.log.

I've attached to log file as well

I've tried reading the website posted under the sticky: "Trouble getting Eclipse to run? READ THIS FIRST", but as someone who hasn't programmed before this is too confusing to me and also I'm not sure it addresses my problem.

Any ideas?
Re: Eclipse won't run: (An error has occurred. See the log file....) [message #889883 is a reply to message #889855] Wed, 20 June 2012 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dani Megert is currently offline Dani MegertFriend
On 20.06.2012 01:11, Jasper Burns wrote:
> Hi coders!
>
> I'm trying to learn Java (my first language) using Stanford's iTunes U course, and it requires me to install eclipse. However, everytime I attempt to launch it, I get the following message (and the screenshot is attached):
>
> An error has occurred. See the log file /applications/eclipse/configuration/1340147017329.log.
>
> I've attached to log file as well
>
> I've tried reading the website posted under the sticky: "Trouble getting Eclipse to run? READ THIS FIRST", but as someone who hasn't programmed before this is too confusing to me and also I'm not sure it addresses my problem.
>
> Any ideas?
1. Download and unzip:
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4/S-4.2RC4-201206081400/
2. Read: http://wiki.eclipse.org/FAQ_How_do_I_run_Eclipse%3F

Dani
Re: Eclipse won't run: (An error has occurred. See the log file....) [message #889962 is a reply to message #889855] Wed, 20 June 2012 12:13 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Don't use the Carbon download on your system, use the 64-bit Cocoa instead.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Greater than symbol not appearing properly
Next Topic:how to remote debugging
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 13:54:17 GMT 2024