Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Jubula Maven Integration for 'Eclipse-Plugin' test automation(How to Integrate Jubula functional testing automation with Maven (3.0) to test Eclipse-Plugins)
Jubula Maven Integration for 'Eclipse-Plugin' test automation [message #889804] Tue, 19 June 2012 17:22 Go to next message
kanarupan kularatnarajah is currently offline kanarupan kularatnarajahFriend
Could anyone point out the way to integrate Jubula with Maven to
test the Eclipse Plugins??

Can Jubula test the Eclipse 'PLUGINS' at the first place??

A detailed solid answer is much preferable..

Thanks in advance...
Re: Jubula Maven Integration for 'Eclipse-Plugin' test automation [message #890366 is a reply to message #889804] Fri, 22 June 2012 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

I'm afraid I don't understand what you are trying to do. If the question is about using Jubula in a continuous build and test process, then you may want to have a look at the FAQs, there is a brief description there. There is also a blog on working with Jubula and Jenkins here.

Otherwise, if you add some more detail, then the community might be able to provide more help.

HTH,
Alex

Re: Jubula Maven Integration for 'Eclipse-Plugin' test automation [message #890403 is a reply to message #890366] Fri, 22 June 2012 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for replying...

I'm a novice in this field and the task assigned me is to 'trace out a way'(check the possibility) that the Jubula UI testing can be automated with Maven,to test Eclipse Plugins.

The tutorial I read on jmhofer.johoop.de was dealing with a Product

> Is it even possible to test the Eclipse Plugins
> If so how (the outline)?
> Then, how (the outline)to integrate that testing specification with Maven build automation (may be using testexec I guess)

Thanks..!!
Re: Jubula Maven Integration for 'Eclipse-Plugin' test automation [message #891609 is a reply to message #890403] Mon, 25 June 2012 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

The usual way of making an application test-ready is to :

- Check out the sources and build them
- Install the built AUT on the test machine
- Add e.g. the Jubula RC RCP Plugin for Eclipse testing

- Then you can run the tests via test exec.

This has the advantage that you are testing the software in an environment as near to the productive environment as possible.

If you want to test your AUT from within the IDE, then you'll need the Launch Integration support for Jubula. This is useful for "pre-testing" your development, but I wouldn't skimp on testing the full application in a near-production environment.

I'm still not sure what you mean by "Eclipse Plugin" testing. Yes, we can test Eclipse Plugins, but they do need to be running in Eclipse for us to be able to test them. You can't just test them on their own.

HTH,
Alex
Re: Jubula Maven Integration for 'Eclipse-Plugin' test automation [message #891627 is a reply to message #891609] Mon, 25 June 2012 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks Alexandra..!!

In the tutorial I have referred, the 'RCP plgin' is configured and exported as product.
During the Jubula AUT configuaration we specify that executable as our AUT.
But (non rcp) plugin projects have different structure(I find no executables inside the Plgin Project Directory).
Is there any way to test them at their own state??

An analoguous question:Is it possble to test Eclipse UI using Jubula?

Thanks in advance.

[Updated on: Tue, 26 June 2012 11:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Jubula Maven Integration for 'Eclipse-Plugin' test automation [message #892411 is a reply to message #891627] Thu, 28 June 2012 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Yes, it is possible to test Eclipse using Jubula. You would enter eclipse.exe as the executable file (the eclipse.exe file is not in the plugins folder though). I can only assume that other applications will also have an executable file, but I doubt that it would be in the plugins folder. The trick is to find out how the user would start the AUT and map that to the fields in the config dialog.

HTH,
Alex
Re: Jubula Maven Integration for 'Eclipse-Plugin' test automation [message #892415 is a reply to message #892411] Thu, 28 June 2012 07:45 Go to previous message
Thanks...
Anyway I overlooked the fact Eclipse is also an advanced RCP application.
Now I temporarily hibernated the project(Jubula testing).
Thanks for the support.
Previous Topic:Can't have 2 Check component text event handlers
Next Topic:Removing Parameters from a referenced Test Case with parameters already set in Test Suite
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:56:07 GMT 2024