Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Cannot login to Hudson(Status Code: 400 Exception: URI must start with a slash: "default")
Cannot login to Hudson [message #887423] Sat, 16 June 2012 15:46 Go to next message
Joseph Carroll is currently offline Joseph CarrollFriend

To start I am still a bit of a newb with Hudson...

I created a new instance of Hudson, read the Hudson Book and followed recommendations very carefully. I used a native install package for Amazon Linux 64 (Cent OS).

I wanted to secure my installation so I required an authentication. In doing so I was very careful not to lock myself out my securing it and then not having any users available to login. (However, even if I did I know how to change the config file so that Hudson is no longer secured.)

Now whenever I go to my sever (ex: ec2-public-DNS.awsamazon.com:8080) to login and I enter my user name and password it gives me the following error:

Status Code: 400

Exception: URI must start with a slash: "default",
Stacktrace:
(none)

Generated by Winstone Servlet Engine v0.9.10 at Sat Jun 16 15:33:30 UTC 2012

At first I was able to bring up a different browser (IE) and I could login successfully from there, but now I cannot login from any browser.

Anyone have any thoughts / recommendations on what to do?

Thanks,

JD
Re: Cannot login to Hudson [message #887654 is a reply to message #887423] Sun, 17 June 2012 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

So I rebooted the server and all seems to be well with the world... But it would still be nice to know if there is anything I should be looking into.

Thanks,

JD
Re: Cannot login to Hudson [message #888416 is a reply to message #887654] Mon, 18 June 2012 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Christou is currently offline Steve ChristouFriend

That's good your problem got resolved Smile . What form of authentication were you using? Active directories has the domain before a username so \USERNAME is deafult for no domain. You can also view the full hudson log at
SERVERNAME:8080/log/all
and hopefully that can provide you with more information or a stack trace.

Thanks,
Steve

/**
 * @author Steven Christou
 * @dev    Hudson-ci
 */
Re: Cannot login to Hudson [message #888744 is a reply to message #888416] Mon, 18 June 2012 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

This is my first time working with Hudson, so I am just using the built in authentication Hudson provides.

I'll take a look at the logs tonight and see what I can determine. Thanks,
Re: Cannot login to Hudson [message #889023 is a reply to message #888744] Mon, 18 June 2012 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Didn't see anything in the logs... In fact, the logs didn't have any detail prior to when I last rebooted. Is there a log archive somewhere (is there a way to set one up so I don't loose information?)
Re: Cannot login to Hudson [message #889203 is a reply to message #889023] Tue, 19 June 2012 03:00 Go to previous message
Steve Christou is currently offline Steve ChristouFriend

That's where all the log information should be printed, unless you run hudson in debug mode. The debugger is a little more complex, but since it says there is no stack trace, the debugger probably won't provide any more information.

/**
 * @author Steven Christou
 * @dev    Hudson-ci
 */
Previous Topic:Hudson build failure
Next Topic:JDK Automatic Installer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 21:05:35 GMT 2024