Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » eclipse settings vanish after Ubuntu upgrade(eclipse projects, settings and plugins no longer available after Ubuntu update from 10.04 for 12.04)
icon5.gif  eclipse settings vanish after Ubuntu upgrade [message #885420] Wed, 13 June 2012 00:47 Go to next message
elric best is currently offline elric bestFriend
My eclipse projects, settings and plug-ins are no longer available after Ubuntu update from 10.04 for 12.04

The version of eclipse is the same. I think the solution is to copy my previous eclipse settings over my new ones. Does anyone know the path that Eclipse settings and plugins are stored in?

Thanks.
Re: eclipse settings vanish after Ubuntu upgrade [message #885753 is a reply to message #885420] Wed, 13 June 2012 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Rennie is currently offline Michael RennieFriend
Most settings are stored on a per-workspace basis and can be found in the .metadata folder of any given workspace.

For example: /<path_to_my_workspace>/myworkspace/.metadata/
Re: eclipse settings vanish after Ubuntu upgrade [message #886200 is a reply to message #885753] Thu, 14 June 2012 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Carrying over your complete Eclipse configuration accross a major upgrade of your Linux distro actually involves two issues (at least):
(1) re-adding any plugins you manually installed on top of the Ubuntu-provided Eclipse package.
(2) carry over all your preference settings.

Item (1) is not expected to work out of the box, but this feature should help some: http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.user/whatsNew/platform_whatsnew.html - jump to Install/Update (new in 3.7)

(2) could actually work out of the box if you are re-using the same workspaces. Settings will be found in .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings and should still be effective. If more sophisticated sharing of settings is desired addtional plugins like workspacemechanic might be of help.

HTH,
Stephan
icon10.gif  Re: eclipse settings vanish after Ubuntu upgrade [message #893305 is a reply to message #885420] Tue, 03 July 2012 13:47 Go to previous message
elric best is currently offline elric bestFriend
Thank you. That's exactly the info I needed. cheers!
Previous Topic:Hibernate tool for JUNO
Next Topic:The method inject(Object[]) is ambiguous
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:03:35 GMT 2024