Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Closing Frames and Enter Buttons
Closing Frames and Enter Buttons [message #117389] Sat, 03 January 2009 19:01 Go to next message
Adam is currently offline AdamFriend
Messages: 25
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
2 questions:

1. My RAP/RCP application creates new AWT Frames that are not embedded
into the application. When I try to close them by clicking the "X" button
on the window, it will not close. The only way to close it in RCP is to
exit out of the application. In RAP, the only way to close it is to kill
the process through Eclipse...closing the window in the browser will not
also close the Frame's window. I need to be able ot close this AWTFrame
window when I click "X" or when I exit out of the application. How do I do
this?

2. In my RCP application, when I hit Enter in my combo/text box, it will
execute an operation...this is not the case in RAP. How do I get this
keystroke to work?
Re: Closing Frames and Enter Buttons [message #117428 is a reply to message #117389] Mon, 05 January 2009 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rüdiger Herrmann is currently offline Rüdiger HerrmannFriend
Messages: 581
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Adam wrote:
> 2 questions:
>
> 1. My RAP/RCP application creates new AWT Frames that are not embedded
> into the application. When I try to close them by clicking the "X"
> button on the window, it will not close. The only way to close it in RCP
> is to exit out of the application. In RAP, the only way to close it is
> to kill the process through Eclipse...closing the window in the browser
> will not also close the Frame's window. I need to be able ot close this
> AWTFrame window when I click "X" or when I exit out of the application.
> How do I do this?
To my knowledge, it is currently not possible to use an AWTFrame in RAP.

>
> 2. In my RCP application, when I hit Enter in my combo/text box, it will
> execute an operation...this is not the case in RAP. How do I get this
> keystroke to work?
223849: Add a listener for SWT.DefaultSelection to Combo does
not work
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=223849

>
Re: Closing Frames and Enter Buttons [message #117534 is a reply to message #117428] Mon, 05 January 2009 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently offline AdamFriend
Messages: 25
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
That's a bummer for the Combo bug...i can just add a "go" button for the
time being.

As far as the first one...AWT frames don't work in RAP, but you can
execute AWT frames on the desktop in a new window, they just won't close
properly. I want them to close when the session closes. Is that possible?
Re: Closing Frames and Enter Buttons [message #117672 is a reply to message #117534] Tue, 06 January 2009 20:40 Go to previous message
Rüdiger Herrmann is currently offline Rüdiger HerrmannFriend
Messages: 581
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Adam wrote:
> That's a bummer for the Combo bug...i can just add a "go" button for the
> time being.
>
> As far as the first one...AWT frames don't work in RAP, but you can
> execute AWT frames on the desktop in a new window, they just won't close
> properly. I want them to close when the session closes. Is that possible?
Use ISessionStore#addSessionStoreListener() if you want to be
informed when the session terminates. The ISessionStore can be
obtained via RWT#getSessionStore().

I am not exactly sure what you mean by "execute AWT frames on the
desktop". Please bear in mind that - usually - RAP runs on the
server where there is no such thing as a desktop.

>
Previous Topic:Widgets location shifts on subsequent run
Next Topic:SingleSourcing Localization
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Jan 29 13:54:04 GMT 2023

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.04229 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top