Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » EMF Development Environment
EMF Development Environment [message #885371] Tue, 12 June 2012 22:12 Go to next message
Michael Spertus is currently offline Michael SpertusFriend
Messages: 78
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi,
I have been using the instructions at http://wiki.eclipse.org/EMF/Setting_up_a_development_environment successfully for a long time. However, recently it has developed that some of my EMF models are not available within my IDE although they are available in the nested IDE. For example, not all my EMF models show up under New/Other/Example EMF Model Wizards in the regular IDE even though they are available in the nested IDE. Any thoughts why they might be missing?

To head off the most obvious question, I have created objects of the appropriate types in the nested IDE and then restarted everything.

Thanks,

Mike
Re: EMF Development Environment [message #885495 is a reply to message #885371] Wed, 13 June 2012 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 30693
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Michael,

You could clear the log and try adding the -debug option which will
produce a more detailed report about why some bundles might be disabled.


On 13/06/2012 12:12 AM, Michael Spertus wrote:
> Hi,
> I have been using the instructions at
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/EMF/Setting_up_a_development_environment
> successfully for a long time. However, recently it has developed that
> some of my EMF models are not available within my IDE although they
> are available in the nested IDE. For example, not all my EMF models
> show up under New/Other/Example EMF Model Wizards in the regular IDE
> even though they are available in the nested IDE. Any thoughts why
> they might be missing?
>
> To head off the most obvious question, I have created objects of the
> appropriate types in the nested IDE and then restarted everything.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike
Re: EMF Development Environment [message #885692 is a reply to message #885495] Wed, 13 June 2012 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Spertus is currently offline Michael SpertusFriend
Messages: 78
Registered: July 2009
Member
Thanks Ed. The only messages I get in the log are about "No repository found at file:/C:/Dropbox/eclipse-3.6-32/dropins/.metadata/." No mention of specific plug-ins being disabled. (Just to be sure I understand, you're referring to the logfile in workspace/.metadata/.log, right?)

Thanks again,

Mike

[Updated on: Wed, 13 June 2012 13:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: EMF Development Environment [message #885718 is a reply to message #885692] Wed, 13 June 2012 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 30693
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Mike,

With -clean -debug you should get a lot of logged entries about bundles
being resolved, even for ones that are working properly. Do you see
entries for the missing bundles?


On 13/06/2012 2:50 PM, Michael Spertus wrote:
> Thanks Ed. The only messages I get in the log are about "No repository
> found at file:/C:/Dropbox/eclipse-3.6-32/dropins/.metadata/." No
> mention of specific plug-ins being disabled. I assume you're referring
> to the logfile in workspace/.metadata/.log, right?
>
> Mike
>
Re: EMF Development Environment [message #885728 is a reply to message #885718] Wed, 13 June 2012 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Spertus is currently offline Michael SpertusFriend
Messages: 78
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi Ed,
Sorry, I'm not seeing entries for any bundles (successfully or unsuccessfully loaded) when I do "eclipse -clean -debug". Am I looking in the right place for the messages? (I am looking in workspace/.metadata/.log). Do I need to create a .options file?

Mike

[Updated on: Wed, 13 June 2012 13:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: EMF Development Environment [message #885792 is a reply to message #885728] Wed, 13 June 2012 15:42 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 30693
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Mike,

Hmmm. That doesn't seem to do anything for e4 for me either. I'm not
sure what to suggest...

On 13/06/2012 3:40 PM, Michael Spertus wrote:
> Hi Ed,
> Sorry, I'm not seeing entries for any bundles (successfully or
> unsuccessfully loaded) when I do "eclipse -clean -debug". Am I looking
> in the right place for the messages? (I am looking in
> workspace/.metadata/.log).
>
> Mike
Previous Topic:[CDO/Teneo/Hibernate] Select query very large ....
Next Topic:Override eSet()... Should I?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Dec 15 15:57:32 GMT 2019

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02205 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top