Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Noob needs help with Eclipse(Eclipse)
icon9.gif  Noob needs help with Eclipse [message #885198] Tue, 12 June 2012 15:37 Go to next message
David Silecchia is currently offline David SilecchiaFriend
First off im pretty familiar with forums, im an Admin on an automotive forum. With that being said ive read the stickys and have searched for my problem at hand. I understand that eclipse doesn't support ADT, however my problem extends beyond installing the ADT tools and I have narrowed it down to being a problem inside eclipse. When trying to install the ADT plugin, or even trying to use the update eclipse button inside the help button I get a window stating that "Contacting Software Sites has encountered a problem." Ive tried using the internal browser within eclipse and it worked fine. Ive tried setting my network settings from native to direct, with no luck. Any help on the issue would be greatly appreciated as I am behind in my And Dev class in college. Thanks to all!
  • Attachment: Untitled.png
    (Size: 242.53KB, Downloaded 128 times)
Re: Noob needs help with Eclipse [message #885222 is a reply to message #885198] Tue, 12 June 2012 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Rennie is currently offline Michael RennieFriend
According to the error message you are missing org.eclipse.wst.sse.core. Looks like you are not alone: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4249695/adt-requires-org-eclipse-wst-sse-core-0-0-0-but-it-could-not-be-found
Re: Noob needs help with Eclipse [message #885245 is a reply to message #885198] Tue, 12 June 2012 17:18 Go to previous message
Denis Roy is currently offline Denis RoyFriend

David Silecchia wrote on Tue, 12 June 2012 11:37
ive read the stickys and have searched for my problem at hand.

With that statement you've just made a lot of friends on this forum Smile

Denis Roy
Eclipse Webmaster -- webmaster@eclipse.org
Previous Topic:Is there a plugin named Genoma, or Genoa?
Next Topic:Understanding different packages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:01:25 GMT 2024