Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Jetty WebSocket gets slow
Jetty WebSocket gets slow [message #883965] Sat, 09 June 2012 20:15 Go to next message
Tim D is currently offline Tim DFriend
Running Jetty websockets on a server to an android client. Typically the traffic flows fine, however sometimes things lag and a simple text message takes minutes to be received. It also often appears that if I send another message a previous in transit message will be received immediately, and the new message will be in limbo.

Also a message from client A to client B through the server may be slow but client B to client A is still performing normally, so it doesnt appear to be a general bandwidth issue.

Has anyone seen this? Could this be a jetty or websocket configuration issue?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!
Re: Jetty WebSocket gets slow [message #885515 is a reply to message #883965] Wed, 13 June 2012 06:53 Go to previous message
Hristo Iliev is currently offline Hristo IlievFriend

Just a guess: TCP sockets have TCP_NODELAY option [1] that can cause such problems if not set. I have no proof that this can be the problem however.

Some VMs have a system property that can be set to disable Nagle's algorithm for all connections so if you can find the property you should set it to test if this is the problem or I'm completely wrong.

[1] http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/net/SocketOptions.html#TCP_NODELAY
Previous Topic:Greenpages H2 DB Locked
Next Topic:Debugging Virgo in Spring Source Tool
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:06:18 GMT 2024