Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Missing Tab when PDE is launched via Webstart(Missing Tab when PDE is launched via Webstart)
Missing Tab when PDE is launched via Webstart [message #883070] Thu, 07 June 2012 19:43 Go to next message
Terry Jahelka is currently offline Terry JahelkaFriend
Hello,

I have an eclipse rcp application that contains several views laid out as horizontal tabs. One of the tabs contains the worldwind 1.2.0 plugin. When I run the application from the Eclipse IDE or export it as a product exe, the application runs correctly, the map is visible and I can add layers to the map. When I export a deployable feature and run, the application starts with no errors, however the tab for the mapview does not exist.

JNLPs appear to be correct, and calling

folder.addView("views.MapView");

Does not result in any error. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Missing Tab when PDE is launched via Webstart [message #888941 is a reply to message #883070] Mon, 18 June 2012 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
More information. I've managed to connect a debugger to my webstarted session. When I step through the code associated with the folder.addView("views.MapView") the code is throwing a View Descriptor not found views.MapView exception. Exception is never logged. I also placed a breakpoint in ViewRegistry.add() method and I can see it called for every view except "views.MapView". I've verified that this view is an extension of org.eclipse.ui.views. Plugin.xml snippet:

<extension
point="org.eclipse.ui.views">
<category
name="Map"
id="map">
</category>
<view
allowMultiple="false"
category="map"
class="views.MapView"
icon="icons/globe.png"
id="views.MapView"
name="Map">
</view>

I still don't know what I'm missing because when I run via the exe or the IDE the view is found. Problem only occurs with a PDE launched via WebStart.
Re: Missing Tab when PDE is launched via Webstart [message #890617 is a reply to message #888941] Fri, 22 June 2012 17:14 Go to previous message
Problem resolved. Root cause was the dll's for gluegenrt and jogl were not being included in the binary build. These dll's are required by Worldwind.
Previous Topic:Red exclamation in PDE project icon
Next Topic:Red exclamation in PDE project icon
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:11:23 GMT 2024